England (Part 2)

LOOSELY INSPIRED BY TAYLOR SWIFT'S "CORNELIA STREET"

GALLERIST LOKI!!!

The cocktail party Loki told you were going to did not feel like a cocktail party at all. It felt like a grand ball and you felt terribly under dressed.

"You told me this was a cocktail party."

"It is a cocktail party."

"Then why is there a dance floor?"

Loki shrugged as you followed him into the deeper mess of the crowd. Soon enough, he found the artist he told you he was going to meet.

"Ah. Mr. Lewis. Pleasure to finally meet you." Loki shook his hand politely, tossing in a nod of approval just for fun. Mr. Lewis smiled, "Call me Finn, please." he looked an awful lot like a stereotypical artist; messy hair, unconventional clothing and a shy type aura. You noticed him look back at you behind Loki when you looked up from your phone.

"Having fun there, darling?" Finn jokingly asked that broke your focus on your phone.

"Apologies, that was very disrespectful of me." You offered your hand for a handshake and told him your name. Instead of shaking it, he kissed the back of your palm, shocking you for a millisecond.

"Very nice to meet you, madam," he turned to Loki, "Your girlfriend, yes?"

"No." Loki scoffed at this. "She's my assistant."

Finn nodded at this and most probably took this as an okay to flirt with you. He eyed you one last time before turning to Loki.

"I've read your email of course, but let's get into detail as to what else you want." Loki nodded as Finn led the three of you to a near by table. The waiter offered you lot some champagne and then Finn and Loki began conversing about how detailed and intricate he want the piece as well as what kind of frame and varnish.

At this point, you excused yourself to go to the loo and let the boys talk and bond some more without the presence of a woman.

When you came back however, Loki was fuming and you heard him cut off the deal with Mr. Lewis.

You quickly rushed over and asked him what had happened.

"Hey, you okay?" You asked him calmly. "What happened? I heard you break off the deal."

"I cannot pay such an ignorant imbecile to do a half-assed portrait." He nearly growled.

"Okay let's sit down and-"

"No. We are leaving." Loki said sternly and you quickly followed him through the door.

When the two of were in the cab, you asked again. "What exactly did he do, Loki?"

"When I left to greet a colleague, I saw him slip something into your drink in hopes that I wouldn't notice or I let you be roofied. To think that I would let him get away with that." He shook his head in anger and annoyance, crossing his arms like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

"I think I would've seen the powder in there if he had done it, Loki. We've travelled all the way and you broke a deal because of a threat?"

"It is not just him being a predator, it's him being dishonorable. I cannot be associated with someone as such. Plus, I feared for your safety. I saw how he acted when he introduced himself to you."

"Oh. Thank you for your concern, boss." You smiled at him before looking out at your side's window.

When Loki was sure you weren't looking at him, he smiled as well. Relieved that you accepted his concern and protection. Many people tend to lash out if he did so, therefore he is grateful.