Royal Pain in The Ass

We're back on that enemies to lovers arc baby!!!!

And this one is long too (8,000 words..)

;)

P.S. This might turn into a series but I make no promises 👀👀

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The ties that shackled Vanaheim and Asgard are loose and without tension. They have been since the end of the Æsir-Vanir war, when your father, the king, took his rightful place on the throne.

You were his one and only child, and when he knew that his wife could no longer bear another one, he took it upon himself to mold you into the monarch he wished he could be. Stronger, smarter, more cunning, more compassionate.

Your father was not a coward nor a stupid man. He was wise and cunning, although he wished his mind was as quick as yours when he was your age.

He was proud to have taught you the art of war and combat and leadership. While your mother was proud to have taught you how to be cunning yet compassionate, and how to use that cleverness in a hidden way to catch people off guard.

You were a storm no one dared to conquer.

-

“It's time,” your mother said.

“Mother, please.” It's been a while since your parents hung the idea of visiting Asgard above your head. Initially, you didn't want to go because you thought you'd be bored, however, things change. Now you don't want to go because you didn't want to meet the princes.

“You are a proper lady now, you must be introduced to Odin and Frigga, and their two lovely sons.”

“I can stomach the king and queen, I would be delighted actually, but I refuse to greet Odin's sons. They'll surely flirt to secure themselves a good place in my books, and possibly even throw the idea of marriage in the air to make the Vanir-Æsir alliance even stronger.”

Your mother's— Alina's eyebrows quirked up. “You're thinking too quickly and definitively again, darling.”

“I think definitively because I know I'm right.”

“The higher you fly, the more painful the landing.”

“But I've got wings.”

“Yes. of steel.” Alina smirked.

“Must I?” you asked, annoyed.

“You must.” your father, Erik, butted in.

You sighed. “Alright, when do we leave?”

“In a week,” answered Alina. “Which is enough time for the tailors to finish your frocks.”

“I cannot promise I'll be on my best behavior.”

“Dearest, when have you ever not been hot headed?” Erik joked. It was not appreciated.

-

Asgard, the land of the Æsir, King Odin's realm stood before you as you entered Heimdall's observatory. The golden dome which greeted visitors was certainly a beautiful spectacle. Tall, spacious, large, and flashy, a true Asgardian trait. They were not afraid to flaunt their power and wealth.

The Guardian of the Bifrost welcomed you all stoically. His glowing gold eyes seem to pass over you calmly. After all, he has seen you, and waited for you to arrive on his King's realm.

“Welcome to Asgard, Your Highness,” he said. “May you enjoy your stay.”

“Thank you,” you said. “I shall certainly try my best.” That quip earned a stern glare from your mother, but you merely smirked and shook your head in return. Even Heimdall had a knowing smile ghost over his features, as if he already knew what was going to happen within the castle walls.