Cabin in the Woods (Part 2)

AS REQUESTED

I AM HERE TO ✨S E R V E ✨
.
.
.
.
.
.

Loki was definitely ready to do whatever it takes to leave Midgard and return to the land of Æsir. That is one of the reasons why he took you in his home, camouflaged in the woods.

It has been three days since your arrival but he's still perplexed as to how you saw his hidden cabin that was specifically made for mortals not to see.

“Do you have a favorite dish to eat?” you asked him one afternoon.

“Yes. Why'd you ask?”

“Well, I was planning on cooking food for the both of us. Just to redeem myself and all that...” you answered shyly.

“Cook whatever you like. I really don't mind, mortal.” Loki replied, his nose burried in his book.

You nodded your head meekly and headed for the kitchen.

It was peculiar, his house. For all of the days you've been staying with him, you only ever ventured to the dining area, comfort room and living room where he set your sleeping area. You haven't even ventured into the rest of the home for fear of being thrown out for stepping out of line.

Until today, when you walked further into his home to search for the kitchen to cook a hearty lunch. You walked straight forward then left into the dining area where a wall separates it from the kitchen area. You thought the kitchen would be quite small given the exterior of his cabin, but you were wrong, and it baffled you so. It was large and had many cabinets and wide counter spaces where you can prepare multiple dishes at once.

With your mouth still agape, you began taking out the ingredients you need. It seemed like every cupboard you opened was fully stocked with fresh food and spices, like his house was just overflowing with resources he hasn't yet used or consumed.

Cooking came naturally to you, since you always helped your mother in the kitchen. You tried your best to shove down that memory of departure while unconsciously staring down at the knife in your hands.

“I suggest you don't act upon whatever it is you're thinking of doing.” Loki's voice pierced through your ears. It snapped you out of your trance.

“I didn't realize... I must've went into a trance. Besides, it's not like that, Loki.” you replied, eyebrows creased.

“Some say people go into trances when they wish to reminisce or escape reality. Is this so?”

“I suppose? I've never really thought about it like that before.” you said and continued chopping.

“Mortals...” Loki said, shaking his head.

You looked at him when he dropped the word. “I've been staying with you for almost 5 days and all you ever address me as is mortal. Why is that so if you don't mind me asking?”

“Because you are one.”

“And you aren't?”

“No.” Loki said cockily.

This confused you. “How so?” you asked curiously.

You thought Loki was going to avoid the question and grunt and exit the room but no, he did something far more obvious. With a wave of his hand, all of the vegetables you plan to chop were chopped and placed into a pot over a flame. With a wave of his hand.

With a wave of his hand.

Your jaw dropped, your eyes were wide.

“W-What— T-That's not— H-How? W-What?” you stuttered.