Emergency Healer

I may have a thing for healer!reader x Loki fics but shush

This is kinda long,,,,, so- (4K WORDS!!)

Also ‼️DISCLAIMER‼️ I am NOT A BOTANIST nor a HERBOLOGIST I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING about treating poisons and what not.

All of these are FIRST GOOGLE RESULTS
.
.
.
.
.
.
"A healer! We need a healer! My brother is injured!" A deep desperate voice along with loud thumping of hooves awakened you from your peaceful slumber. It was very late into the night, some would say very early morning but somebody needed your help. So you immediately grabbed your coat and threw it over you shoulder. You raced towards your front door to open it to alarm the person who needed your aid.

"I'm the village physician! Bring him to me!" you shouted at the man who was still perched on his horse. More hooves seemed to follow and that led you to believe he was part of an army of some kind. The man stepped down from his horse and carried his unconscious brother into your home.

"Please, he's barely breathing." the man pleaded.

"I'll do everything in my power to help him," you swore and began examining the unconscious man. "What happened to him?" you asked when the man placed the unconscious one on a spare bed.

"We were attacked by bandits when we were patrolling around the area. He was shot by an arrow near the abdomen as you can see. But we did not know that the arrow was laced with poison." he explained.

"Do you know what poison it is?"

"I'm afraid not."

"Well, do you have the arrow?"

"Yes, I do." he nodded and fetched the arrow from the satchel of his horse. He handed you the broken arrow.

You smelled it and it smelled bitter, almost rotten. But it had a slight scent of fruit and flowers so it could have been Deadly Nightshade.

"It's Nightshade, I'm afraid." you informed the concerned man while gathering herbs and other supplies to heal the wound.

"I thought it could only kill people if its ingested?"

"Not if its potent. You are lucky you reached me in less than a few hours." you said while cutting open the unconscious man's shirt and adding pressure to the gash to stop the bleeding.

When you were satisfied, you muddled herbs in your mortar and pestle and pressed it into his open wound and wrapped it tightly to prevent bacteria from infecting it. Then you gathered more herbs and a bottle filled with your special elixir to cleanse the body of its toxins before coming back to the poisoned man to drip it slowly into his mouth, tilting his head with your hand so he does not choke. His Adam's Apple bobbed up and down meaning he had swallowed your potion, finally you sighed.

You washed your hands and grabbed more cloth to bind his torso. You planned to stitch his wound close in the morning after the herbs have done their job. You wiped a droplet of sweat from your eyebrow before looking back at the man who brought him in.

He was sat in silence, his hand brushing the beard on his chin.

"He will be alright. He just needs proper rest and a good stitching." you said calmly.

"Thank you, my lady. Thank you for saving my dear brother." he said graciously, almost desperate.

"Please, it is my duty. What do they call you and he, sir?" you asked, politely.

"They call me Prince Thor and he, Prince Loki. I understand why you had to ask, we have never set foot in the rural South of Asgard. Perhaps that is why we were ambushed." Thor concluded thoughtfully.