Dead Men Tell No Tales (or do they?)

A short one bc I'm getting bombarded by schoolworks :'))
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Loki didn't expect Thor's punishment to be that harsh. In fact, Loki didn't expect anything more than a vague (and loud) verbal lesson.

Yet, here we are.

The high spirits of the palace dissipated after Thor was banished from the realm. There's been an unknown tension between the servants, the Einherjar, and the royal family- well, mostly Odin. It seemed that these people who vowed to be loyal to the crown did their tasks more cautiously, frightened to be banished just like Thor.

If the King of Asgard can banish his golden son on a whim like that, what more for a person without their blood? A mere servant of the crown?

"Frigga says that Odin needs to be put into Odinsleep soon, either that or he'll tire himself too much and faint his way through it," you said when you caught up to Loki in a quiet hallway.

"Why does this concern me?" Loki asked nonchalantly.

"Everything, of course," you answered. "You'll need to manage Asgard while Thor is banished."

Loki didn't know what to feel.

He's only sought the crown because he wanted to prove himself equal, even better, to Thor at least once in his life. And now that he has the opportunity to be able to sit on the throne and rule over the Nine, it all felt terribly wrong to him.

"Let us hope my idiotic brother doesn't get himself killed before Odin rests." Loki pursed his lips, opening the large double doors of his chambers.

"That is all you have to say?" you asked, sitting immediately on a settee. Loki shut the door using his seidr before pouring himself a small glass of mead. He usually never drinks this early in the day, but given the circumstances Asgard is facing, it seemed rather fitting.

"What more is there to say? A great declaration of victory over Thor losing all his powers and possessions after I had manipulated him into attacking Jotunheim?" said Loki, sarcastically.

You remained silent and sighed.

"For your incredible intellect, you've always lacked emotional intelligence."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Absolutely nothing," you said with a resigned smile, walking towards the door. "I'll see you at the feast." You didn't give him time to reply before leaving. Sometimes that green oasis of his felt so comfortable, almost like home, and on others you couldn't bear the suffocating nature of it. It was odd. It catered towards it's owner perfectly.

-

It was blue.

It definitely turned blue.

Has it got something to do with his powers?

Was it a growing infection of some sort?

Definitely not.

He's a sorcerer, a god. He'd know when something was wrong with his body. So what was it?

Loki knew his mind would race quicker if he paced, so he sat in his love seat instead. With an empty glass resting in his hand, his eyebrows knitted tighter and tighter as he replayed that night on Jotunheim again and again. Despite having played it over so many times, he couldn't find an answer; or at least one he accepts.

It was irrational and idiotic of him to think so, but he's come across more peculiar circumstances than this hypothesis.

Loki hovered his eyes to his hand. The one that turned blue upon contact with a Frost Giant. He willed his seidr to partially turn it blue. No illusions, no nothing. He wanted it to be revealed as if his pale skin was the curtain, a mere shell.