Something New (Capt. James Conrad x Reader)

IVE BEEN DYING TO WRITE THIS ONE UGHHHH

CAPT. JAMES CONRAD X READER !!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Weaver and Conrad finally got discharged from the wretched interrogation they were forcefully subjected to. The Monarch offered them another job but after sharing a look of stress, they both declined the offer. They walked silenty across the almost empty halls of the building towards the exit like familiar strangers.

“So...” Mason started when they were half way towards their destination. “What are you gonna do?” she asked.

“Revert back to my way of living, I suppose,” he answered. “What about you?”

“Continue working independently, I guess. But I think I'd like to add more natural aspects to my work now.”

They walked in silence once more.

“Hey, listen. My best buddy insisted on driving me home and I was wondering if you'd want to tag along.” she offered.

“I wouldn't want to ruin your lovely reunion.”

“Come on, Conrad.”

“I have business to attend to.”

“Since when did you have ‘business’ to attend to?” Mason countered. “What about you just meet her real quick.”

“Ah, so it's a her,” James understood what Mason was trying to do. “We barely made it out alive and you already you're hooking me up with your friend?”

“Oh, come on! You can't keep living like this lonely veteran for the rest of your life! Marlow found love again after 30 years, why can't you?” Mason reasoned and stepped in front of him so he can't escape this conversation.

“It would be unfair to the girl to deal with me, Weaver. It's easier to walk this Earth alone.” He crossed his arms infront of his chest.

“You don't know that, yet.”

“You're not going to stop, are you?”

Mason shook her head and cockily copied his movements.

“I will join your drive and that's it.” he said reluctantly. Mason smiled and laughed triumphantly.

“Yes! You are gonna love her so much!”

“Let's not jump into conclusions, shall we?” By that time, the two of them have already reached the front doors and were now stepping down the steps. Mason immediately saw the familiar cream car you drive and quickly ran to your parking space.

You saw her running towards you from your seat and so you unbuckled your seatbelt and ran towards your best friend excitedly.

“Mason!” you called out happily and hugged her. You were laughing and squealing as she hugged you back just as tightly. “Thank God, you're okay!” you sighed loudly.

“I missed you!” she cried and released you from her grip.

“So did I! You have to tell me about your trip.” you said excitedly.

“Maybe in the car.” she said, smiling. You nodded and your eyes drifted towards Conrad, Mason noticed so she went out of your way so you could properly meet him.

“Captain James Conrad, I would like you to meet the best writer slash author slash journalist in the world!” Mason beamed.

You told him your name and shook his hand firmly. “Captain, huh?” you bantered.