15

The next morning, like clockwork, Xichen woke up at 5 AM. He was an early riser, unlike his brother who slept in if he felt like it. Today however, he woke with a smile on his face. He stretched like a sated cat and then planted a kiss on his boyfriend's bare back.
Mingjue moaned and then turned around to hold Xichen in his arms and gave him a sloppy kiss on the lips.
"Good morning, love" Xichen kissed his nose, "How's your head?

"Aching," Ming groaned.
"I will get you some water and some medicine for the headache. Sleep some more while I take a shower, OK?"
"Ok. I love you!"
Xichen grinned. "I love you too"
When Ming went back to sleep. Xichen got up from the bed. He was happy...

-----

Yanli had woken up feeling extremely exhausted. It had been a common occurrence for her these past few days, for no apparent reason.

Am I pushing myself too hard? she wondered.

She pushed that thought aside and tried to concentrate on the recipes she would be trying out for a new menu she was creating for the upcoming chinese valentine's day. With the demand for romantic themed cakes and menu for two, she tried her best to satisfy their demands. After so much hard work, her cafe had started to get recognition from the younger audience, other than the usual customers which mainly came from the neighbourhood. Her location was in a small alleyway. People who were not familiar with the surroundings, would have difficulty finding it. She thought for some time to change her location to a more accessible place, but that was a problem for tomorrow. Right now she needs to focus on her cakes and menu.

Apparently she focused too much. When she raised her head, it was afternoon already, and she felt her stomach growl in protest. Groaning, she stood up and rummaged through the fridge for some quick bites of cold noodles. She didn't have enough energy to make something from scratch right now, and she only had 2 other employees who were probably taking a lunch break.
She dug into her cold noodles, and took her out her phone to check her messages. She was always wary of incoming texts, just in case Zixuan tried to reach her, as usual. Although lately the frequencies seemed to have lessened. She couldn't decide if it was a good thing or bad. When she unlocked her phone her face lit up with a smile. Instead of Zixuan it was a message from Qing.

Q : Hiya, there
Q : Are you busy?
Q : I'm sorry to bother you but I kind of need a favour..
Q : Can you lmk if you're free?

She replied immediately.
Li : Hey, Q!
Li : As a matter of fact, I'm free now
Li : Would you like to come over?

Q: On my way :)

Li quickly set her phone aside and busied herself to make her kitchen look presentable. She was looking forward to the company.

Qing put down her phone, a satisfied smirk on her face. She had plans and this was the first steps to achieve that. Oh, she knew she had to work extremely hard because of who the object of her affection was, but that didn't discourage her a bit. As a matter of fact, she felt more challenged because of it. 
Maybe it was her youth, or her competitive streak, but she felt adrenaline coursing through her veins just by the thought of getting close to Yanli. In a way, she was very similar to Lan Wangji and that was the main reason why they had become the best of friends.

She grabbed her helmet and started her vintage harley with that smirk still etched on her lips.

A while later she stopped in front of Li's little cafe, and because the window was open, she took a peek inside the kitchen. 
She had not expected a messy kitchen but she had also not expected to be hit by the domesticity of the sight in front of her. Yanli. In her apron. Baking.

Home.
That one word drifted into her mind.

Then as if she sensed the other woman, Yanli raised her head, and gave her the most beautiful, blinding smile that she had ever seen. It felt like a punch to her gut. She returned the smile, weakly and walked closer.
"So, what can I do to help you?" Yanli cleaned her hands with a towel.
"Well, actually, I need to learn to cook. Something fast, something simple that I won't screw up.." she looked at the smudge of flour on Yanli's cheek and raised her hand reflexively to wipe it.
"Oh, thanks.." Yanli blushed slightly. "Any reason as to why this sudden whim?"

"Actually yes. My brother is living with me now and I need to take care of him. Also, umm I was thinking of planning a...picnic for a friend. So, I wanted to surprise them by bringing the food that I've made myself." She smiled and then averted her eyes as she felt Yanli's eyes on her.
"I really don't want to impose on you but you're the only one I know who cooks," Qing finished.
"Oh? A picnic?" Yanli felt a little pang in her heart. "How lucky your friend is, to make you want to learn how to cook..." she slid her runaway fringe back behind her ear.
"Well, yeah, I really do hope so, uh.. lucky I mean..." Qing cleared her throat.
Yanli plastered a smile on her face. "Let's get cooking then, huh?"