8

The festivities had already begun when the doorbell rang. Lan Wangji was the one closest to the door, so he went to open it. All the guests had already arrived so he wondered who else it could be.
He opened the door to greet the newcomers, but the moment his eyes locked with the now familiar figure, his breath hitched.

"You!" Wei Wuxian squeaked.

"You!" He said, astonished.

Yanli looked at them with eyes full of curiosity and then raised an eyebrow at Jiang Cheng who just shrugged. He didn't want to get involved in this strange shit that was going on between his brother and THE Lan Wangji. He would happily let them deal with it themselves.

Just then, Lan Xichen came to the door trying to find out why it was taking ages for his brother to let the guests in and then chuckled, seeing the situation.

"Li! You finally made it."

He then turned towards Zixuan with a barely there polite smile, "Zixuan. How nice of you to come. Oh, where are my manners, come on in you guys!" Xichen smiled at everyone, and ushered them inside his beautiful house.

Yanli entered the house with Zixuan and Jiang Cheng following her but Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji are rooted to the spot, unable to move their eyes from each other, still very much surprised to find the other in this weird situation.

"You must be her beloved brothers, eh? I am Lan Xichen. Nice to meet you!" Jiang Cheng extended his hands to him, "Happy birthday!"

"Thanks!" Lan Xichen smiled. He looked over Jiang Cheng's shoulder to see his brother and Li's other brother still standing at the door. "Hey bro, you wanna make my guest stand at the door the whole day? Invite him in please!"

That brought Wangji back to reality. He stepped aside and motioned Wei Wuxian to enter the house.

While Wei Wuxian passed him, he quietly whispered, only for this man to hear, "You look beautiful, you know that?"

Wei Wuxian inadvertently blushed at the shameless compliment and shuffled inside the warm house, trying to suppress his mixed feelings inside.

He tried to rack his brain but couldn't remember his sister saying that it was Lan Wangji's brother's house they were going to.

Not once.

All she had said was it was one of her best friends.

Even the peacock didn't say anything. If he had known that it was Lan Wangji's house they were invited to, he would have made an excuse to not come.

But well.. it was too late now. He was here and Lan Wangji looked like he had won a lottery.

---

Lan Wangji had the biggest grin on his face. He went to his brother's side and covertly asked him if it was his ingenious plan to invite the object of his affection to their house so that he could check him out.

Lan Xichen only looked at him, smiled and said, "I see that you love the surprise, bro, you should thank me later. Now, go, enjoy yourself, and please don't do anything extreme, there are people here..." he winked at his brother's obvious shameless plan to get close to his friend's brother.

"Eh, I will try my best not to ruin your party ge, but really, thank you so much for inviting him." Wangji winked, squeezed Xichen's hand and left to find his bunny.

He entered the game room and saw Wei Wuxian, Jiang Cheng, Nie Huaisang and Wen Ning standing near the pool table and talking animatedly. He was just about to walk forward but then he frowned.