44

Lan Wangji was on his way to Wuxian’s house when he received an incoming text. Stopping the car at the side of the road he opened it.

WX: Wangji
LWJ: Hey dude, what’s up?
WX: Remember that accident you said your brother was investigating? And you asked me to keep a lookout for anything suspicious. A luxury car came in today for a paint job fix and guess what? It has blood on its bumper.
LWJ: Who’s the owner?
WC: You know him well actually. Your competitor, Su She.
LWJ: Fuck! Don’t touch the car, I will call brother and he will take over.
WC: Dude I don’t want to lose good business…
LWJ: Seriously? You say that to a Lan?
WC: Alright, alright. I won’t touch it but don’t think I didn’t hear the underlying threat in that comment.
LWJ: It wasn’t an underlying threat… I do not make underlying threats.
WC: Tch tch Wangji, always the bad boy!
LWJ: I have to live up to my reputation, Chao.
WC: Yeah yeah…
LWJ: How is JiaoJiao?
WC: She is good. Now with the kid along, she is glowing and seems more happy. I just wish she didn’t quit UNI.
LWJ: She needs to take a break to care for the child. Later you can persuade her to continue her studies again.
WC: When did you become the voice of reason? The King of the Road, Lan Wangji. The famous bad boy. I never thought I would hear such words coming out of your mouth.
LWJ: You can say I got some good influence now.
WC: Oho! So the rumours I hear are all true? You hit it with a boy? I didn’t know you swing that way man.
LWJ: Neither did I but here we are. 🤷🏻♂️
WC: You truly are whipped man. But I am happy for you.
LWJ: Thanks man! We have kinda hit a rough patch thanks to some unwanted assholes but I am on my way to sort it out now. Wish me luck.
WC: Holy shit! Who in their right mind would mess with you?
LWJ: Just some idiots who do not know how bad the consequences can be.
WC: I’m just glad to be on your good books man. For real.
LWJ: Anyway gotta go now. Good doing business with you. Talk later.
WC: ttyl

After that, Wangji immediately called Xichen.

LXC: Wangji?
LWJ: Brother, I got news.
LXC: Just a minute. *sound of door opening and closing* Sorry, I was in a meeting, yeah tell me. What’s up?
LWJ: Wen Chao called.
LXC: Your friend and Wen Qing’s cousin?
LJW: The same. A luxury car came into his garage today for a paint job.
LXC: Oh? And who’s the owner?
LWJ: Su She. Take care of it brother. I am on my way to Wei Ying’s house now.
LXC: Wangji, Itold you he needs time.
LWJ: I know and I have given him time. Three days is long enough.
LXC: Wangji…
LWJ: I gotta go brother, I am almost there.
LXC: Don’t say anything you will regret later.
LWJ: Never brother. He’s the love of my life. I can’t hurt him.
LXC: Love?
*silence*
LWJ: *shaky voice* Oh shit! It just hit me that I have fallen for him head over heels. What do I do?
LXC: Breathe, Wangji. You have to tell him you love him obviously.
LWJ: Should I? Isn’t it too soon to fall in love?
LXC: It’s never too soon. Love comes to you when you least expect it but when it comes it stays. So embrace this feeling, Wangji and go get your man.
LWJ: I will, brother. I just need to breath through this panic first.
LXC: *chuckling* Never thought I would see my little brother this head over heels for someone but I ain’t complaining. It’s a good look on you and I get to see you smile more.
LWJ: It’s all Wei Ying’s doing. He brings out the best in me.
LXC: I know. He has a way about him. Good luck Wangji. I hope you are able to win him back.
LWJ: Thank you brother, I hope so too. Bye.
LXC: Bye