6

Wei Wuxian was staring at the ceiling, unable to fall asleep. It's been elusive ever since the day he met Lan Wangji.

He didn't understand why the man seemed to be very determined to ask him out, while he himself was not lacking in the girlfriends department, and he never heard Lan Wangji date a man before.

But something in his eyes made Wei Wuxian unable to refuse him that night. He tried to convince himself that he panicked and said yes but that was not the real case. If he were being honest with himself, he felt like he was a moth being drawn to a blazing flame that was Lan Wangji. Oh, he knew he was going to get burned, but he just couldn't resist the man's charm that was unconsciously laced with innocence.

Lan Wangji and innocence were not supposed to be in the same sentence, yet here he was, standing on this crossroad, trying to decide which way he was going to go.

Wei Wuxian shook his head and covered himself with his comforter. His only hope was that whatever it was, it would not leave him burned too badly.

-----

Lan Wangji was very excited that he was finally able to score a date with Wei Wuxian. Wei. Wu. Xian. Wei Wuxian.

Even the name sounded so beautiful to his own ears when he said it out loud in the quietness of his room.

This was the first time he would be taking a man on a date. He couldn't contain the joy he felt everytime he thought about it. He was like a child with a new toy, so eager to explore and wander. Wei Wuxian had a beautiful smile that felt like pure sunshine to Lan Wangji and he was determined to make it so that Wuxian would direct that million dollar smile at him.

He kept thinking about the oncoming date. What does he like to eat? What's his favourite colour? Does he like flowers? What does he do for fun? With a goofy smile on his face, Lan Wangji snuggled into his comforter.

Sleep also eluded him, but for a different reason altogether. He couldn't wait to go on a date with that beautiful person.

-----

Wei Wuxian was sitting alone in the art room with his sketchbook open on his lap, twirling a pen in his right hand as he looked out the window. His thoughts kept going back to last night, more exactly to the smell of the sweat and jasmine induced skin, and the feel of his hard body near him. He knew that this was pure lust that coincidentally came from the darkest part of his mind that he tried to ignore ever since he met that man, but to no avail. The temptation was too strong to deny. And just like that, he was lost in his thought, daydreaming about the man that was loved by many.

-----

When Lan Wangji entered the studio where he knew Wuxian would be, he was dumbstruck at how beautiful the other person looked. Wei Wuxian was sitting on one of the loveseats near the french windows with his back to the door and an open sketchbook on his lap. His hands were moving swiftly on the paper. He wondered what the other was sketching with such concentration. 

Realizing the man had not noticed his presence, Wangji took some time to admire this magnificent creature in front of him. The sunlight coming into the room from the window created a sort of halo around Wuxian, making him look angelic. His face, from what Wangji could see from his angle, looked soft, a small smile gracing his supple lips. It was like he was daydreaming while he sketched, humming out of tune from time to time. Everything about the man made Wangji want to possess him even more.

Wangji closed the door quietly, yet the sound made Wuxian suddenly look towards him, his smile still etched on his face.

Lan Wangji was rooted to the spot as if he was struck by lightning. He had seen his fair share of beautiful people and he appreciated them in many ways. Yet this... this small unintentional smile he had just received from the other, was so captivating that it made his insides feel warm.