2

"I saw you with Zixun, what happened?" Lan Xichen puffed out the smoke from his cigarette, a treat he allowed himself once a day. They had just got back home from the race, tired.
"He was being an asshole as usual." Lan Wangji just shrugged, he wanted nothing to do with that slimy bastard. However, the one being bullied had definitely caught his attention.
"Was it something to do with Jiang Yanli's brother?"
"You know him? He ran before I could even ask his name. How rude to his saviour." Wangji remembered the rejection and pouted again.

"You and your hero complex.." Lan Xichen sighed. "I just saw him few times around campus, he is a design student if I'm not mistaken, the apple of Yanli's eyes." He turned towards Wangji with a questioning glance. "What's with that look, Wangji? Why do I feel like you have taken a liking to this boy?" Wangji didn't say anything, just shrugged. Xichen knew Wangji enough to say, " Well, if you like him you better do it right, I do not want an angry Yanli on my doorsteps. Also, I'm getting tired of that clingy girlfriend of yours."
"She's NOT my girlfriend." He sighed exasperatedly. "How many times do I had to tell people that?"
"Well, she told almost everyone she knew that she's your girlfriend and you're going to propose this year."
Wangji almost choked on air. "What the fuck? How did you know?"
"Everybody knows. If you're not interested, get rid of her, she will be trouble, with her being a Jin." Xichen squashed his cigarette on the ashtray and stood up. "I'm going to sleep, you should too, you got school tomorrow right?"
"Yeah, sure."

After Xichen left, Wangji's thoughts wandered back to the beautiful man again. He appreciated beauty like every other person. He himself was gorgeous and he used it to his advantage a lot of times to get out of trouble. However, this man's alluring persona had made Wangji want to possess him like he needed air to breathe. What was it about him? He wondered. He couldn't put his finger on it but something about the man had captured Wangji's attention. When he had put his arms around his waist to pull the man towards him and their bodies collided, he felt the rush of raw need coursing through him, which is why he had propositioned the man. But the latter had refused.
Wangji was still reeling from the shock of the refusal.
Jiang Yanli's brother, huh?
He would find out more tomorrow.

-----

Nie Huaisang, Jiang Cheng and Wei Wuxian lounged at their regular spot in the canteen, the corner blue couch, drinking their favourite drinks. Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang were fighting over who had a better drink.

"Mine is better! It's a classic combination unlike yours which is so ugghh..." Huaisang scrunched up his nose in disgust.

"Just because you have the taste buds of a 5 year old, doesn't mean my drink is disgusting" Cheng rolled his eyes at his friend.

"Are you serious?" Huaisang exclaimed. "You don't know how to appreciate the simple things in life!"

"Oh please! Even your tastes are so vanilla!" Cheng retorted.

Huaisang was about to say something else when Wuxian interrupted. "Every day! Every damn day we have this same conversation."

Having said his piece, Wuxian went back to happily slurping his taro flavoured boba. He loved this sweet concoction so much he drank it almost twice daily. Nie Huaisang and Jiang Cheng had resorted to playing footsie under the table since they didn't want Wuxian to scold them anymore.

Wuxian shook his head and continued to sketch.

"So, Xianxian, I saw you almost being kissed by Second Prince Lan last night. What did he whisper into your ears? Declaration of love? Sweet nothings? I think I would die happily if he even looked at my general direction." Nie Huaisang stole a glance at Jiang Cheng, who looked indifferent.
Wei Wuxian hand stopped for a second before resuming sketching again.
"What are you talking about? Who is this Second Prince Lan?" Wuxian asked nonchalantly.
"You're kidding me right? Lan Wangji? The King? The one who saved you from Zixun last night? He was like sweeping you off your feet like you were some kind of damsel in distress and he was charming...so romantic.." Nie Huaisang sighed dreamily, "Unlike some people who don't know anything about love and romance..."

Wei Wuxian continued sketching, trying not to remember the feeling of the bad boy's arms around his waist even though a small part of his brain did register the shortness of breath at the mere mention of the gorgeous man he met last night.