43

“You’ve been moping around for three days now, Xian. Are you really so stubborn that you won’t talk to him?”
It was Yanli who had come in to talk some sense into her brother. He was being an idiot and she had had enough of him looking like he had lost the will to live. When Wuxian still didn’t respond she sighed exasperatedly.
“Come on, Xian! A relationship should be transparent but you’re not even giving him a chance to explain. You believed what others had to say but you never believed him. Why?”
Wuxian knew he had been rash to make assumptions. He remembered the promise he had made to Lan Wangji to always talk to him before jumping the gun and what had he done, when their relationship hit the first hurdle? He ran. That’s what he did and he was ashamed of it.
It was his insecurities mixed with the pictures and Su She’s words which had made the decision for him. Deep in his gut he knew Wangji would never cheat. He wasn’t the kind of person who would take the coward’s way out. If he wanted someone he would be upfront and straightforward about it. Wasn’t that how he was when he had approached him first? Didn’t he say, time and time again that Qin Su meant nothing to him?
The three days he had spent holed up in his room was to come to terms with his own guilt. He badly wanted to see his boyfriend, to hear his laugh, to feel his touch but he had messed up. And now he didn’t know how to break the ice.
“Xian! Are you even listening?”
Wuxian came out of his reverie and nodded.
“Jie, I don’t know how to approach him anymore… It’s been three days. What if he wants to break up with me? I hurt him so much. I hurt the love of my life, Jie.”
“Well if he wants to break up then good for him. No one wants to be in a relationship where trust isn’t present.” She said, side-eying Wuxian.
“Jie!!!” Wuxian cried as he laid his head on Yanli’s lap.
Yanli sighed, running her fingers through his hair. “I am sorry I was harsh but you know Xian that what I said is true. Put yourself in his shoes and tell me, if you would forgive yourself. You said you love him. But are you sure you do? Because love doesn’t have room for doubt.”
“I do love him, Jie. I love him so much. I didn’t even know when it happened…” Wuxian trailed off as he cried silent tears.
“You know I talked to Xi and he said Wangji is suffering as much as you are. Don’t let your insecurities ruin your relationship.” Yanli lowered her head and kissed Wuxian’s head. 
“Go to him, Xian. Go and talk to him. Don’t waste any more time.”
That was all it took. Wuxian leaped up from the bed, washed his face and ran out. He was in such a hurry that he forgot to take his phone.