23

“Coward!” Nie Huaisang shouted and launched himself at Jiang Cheng, tackling both of them to the floor.

“Oof! You’re such a baby!” Jiang Cheng grunted from the pain when he hit the floor but cushioned Huaisang’s fall with his own body.

“I am a baby? Me? Who was the one who used underhanded methods to win?”

“I did no such thing”

“Liar! You-humpphhhhhh” Huaisang shouted again only to be shushed by the palm that covered his mouth. He struggled to get free but Cheng had used the other hand to lock him in place.

“See? Baby!”

“Hmmmppphh…” Huaisang was still trying to break out of Cheng’s hold by twisting his body but to no avail.

All this struggling was making Cheng’s body react in delicious ways, so he gritted his teeth and asked Huaisang to stop, his hand still covering the other’s mouth.

Huaisang kept struggling and finally managed to break the other man's hold and sat on top of Cheng. He grabbed a cushion from the sofa and started hitting him, jumping up and down on him like an excited child. Cheng was getting hard but he realized that Huaisang was yet to notice it so he repeated it again, a little harsher this time, “Stop it, Sang!”

And just like a light bulb had been switched inside Huaisang’s head, he stopped mid hit, the cushion in his hand held up over his head. Then his eyes widened as realization hit. He stared at Cheng, unblinking, a blush slowly creeping up his face. If he moved his hips a little, he would be able to feel Cheng’s manhood but he could see that Cheng was getting embarrassed so he relented. Cheng quickly got up with Huaisang still on his lap. Huaisang made a move to get up as well but then his hips were caught by strong hands. Both of them looked at each other.

If only he would cross the line, Huaisang thought to himself. What if I cross the line? But do I dare? What if this ruins our friendship? But what if it doesn’t?

The what ifs were crowding Huaisang’s mind so he closed his eyes to stop. When he opened them again after a few seconds, Cheng was still at the same place, looking at him, his hands holding his hips. But now his face held a hint of wonder.

“Cheng…” Huaisang whispered, almost afraid to break the silence.

“Sang…” Cheng whispered back, “how can you be so beautiful?”

“W-what?” Huaisang stuttered. The other man rarely complimented him, so when he did that two times in the same night, it made him feel giddy but before he could say anything more, Cheng had kissed him hard. Huaisang almost moaned into the kiss, his hands fisting in front of Cheng’s shirt. But as soon as the kiss had started, it ended. Cheng quickly scrambled up, which made Huaisang lose his balance and fall against the sofa. Without bothering to help the other man up, Cheng walked a little further away making sure to keep a certain distance between the two.

“Uh sorry about that. It was the adrenaline rush from the fight. Let’s forget about it.” He scratched his head and then said, “I will go get some more popcorn.” With that Cheng left him alone, still sitting dumbfounded on the floor.

It hurt. Huaisang was not going to lie to himself and say that it didn’t. He might have been a lot of things, but a liar he wasn’t. Slowly he got up from the floor, disappointment clearly evident on his face. He looked towards the kitchen and then shook his head.

I suppose he’s not ready yet. I can let it go, right? Yes, I should just forget it. I would rather have him as a friend than not have him at all.

----

Cheng came back into the living room, carrying a bucket of fresh popcorn, to find Huaisang already seated on the couch, happily munching on the other snacks. He got confused with the sudden change in the other man's mood but he quietly sighed in relief. He was not ready to face his feelings for him yet. He sat beside Huaisang and offered him the popcorn bucket. The smaller man looked back at him and smiled, muttering a thanks. Then they settled back on the couch to finish the movie they had started watching earlier, both reeling from the confused emotions.