57

Five years had gone by.
And in those five years, a lot had changed and a lot had stayed the same.
Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian were now engaged. Wangji had popped the question right after a very interesting night of adventures in bed and Wuxian had said yes even before Wangji could surprise him with the simple gold band marked with their combined names.
They had laughed and cried and then had rewarded themselves with another two rounds of hot sex before they had collapsed on the bed completely sated and deliriously happy.

Nie Mingjue and Lan Xichen had tied the knot two years after Meng Yao’s death.
They had said their vows and had together dedicated a vow especially for their beloved Yao.
It had been a very emotional ceremony and not a single eye was left dry.
They had danced to Yao’s favourite music and then others had joined in. Meng Yao would forever be a part of their lives.

Yanli had given birth to a beautiful baby boy.
He had been given the courtesy name Rulan, chosen by Wuxian of course.
Jiang Cheng had rolled his eyes at. “Does his name have to have a Lan in it?” He had complained only to be smacked on the head by Lan Wangji, much to everyone’s amusement.
She and Qing had gotten married right after Rulan’s birth in a very small ceremony with only family and close friends.
They had also taken Xue Yang under their wing. It took him months but finally he had stopped having nightmares altogether.
Yanli had in due time forgiven Zixuan after she had witnessed, first hand, the changes he had gone through.
He had parted ways with his father and had opened his own firm and was now funding his brother Mo Xuanyu’s education.

Xuanyu like Yao had a knack for ballet and it pleased everyone when he took it up professionally, determined to make Yao’s dreams come true through his accomplishments.

Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang still squabbled over their favourite drinks.
And even when they play-fought all the time, they were very much in love and Huaisang was secretly planning to propose because he figured Cheng was never going to take that big step.
Do I have to do everything in this relationship?

Wen Ning and Mian Mian had taken over the orphanage after the old man had passed away.
The children were now under their constant care and Wangji and Wuxian had decided to adopt Shizui and Jingyi.
They were just waiting for the papers to process. Mingjue and Xichen had already adopted Zizhen.

Detective Song and detective Xiao had become close friends with the group and they had taken an instant liking to little A-Qing, who they had adopted within a month. They bought a house near everyone so that the children could meet each other frequently.

Wen Chao and Jiaojiao were blessed with a beautiful girl and Jiaojiao had resumed her studies.
Xue Yang was on babysitting duties for them when they became too busy with studies.

Zhuliu was still very much single.
He had resigned himself to leading a life of a monk much to his own chagrin. “Why is life so unfair to me in the dating department?” he often asked.

At the end after all the pain and hurt that life had to throw at them, they still emerged victorious.
They were happy and that was all that mattered.

THE END.