40

You’re trending.

Lan Wangji didn’t know what he was expecting but when he finally got around to checking his twitter, it was flooded with pictures of him and Qin Su, embracing.
What the bloody fuck!
At that moment he felt the dread settle into his belly. He knew what it looked like and he knew how his bunny would react if he saw them. He knew. And that scared him.
He quickly dialed Wuxian’s number but even after multiple calls, the other didn’t pick up. So he messaged him but was left at ‘read’. The blue ticks acting like a knife twisting in his gut.
He almost ran out of the store. His heart beating a rapid staccato in his chest. It took him 20 minutes to reach Wuxian’s apartment. 20 long minutes where each minute felt too long. He wanted to see his bunny immediately. No, he corrected himself, he needed to see his bunny. He needed to get rid of all the doubts the other had. He had a promise to keep.
“Oh look what I found!” A voice snickered near him which made his hair stand on end.
Please go away. Please go away.
He chanted in his head but the universe had other plans. He heard the footsteps get closer and closer until the said person grabbed him by the collar and hauled him up from the swing.
“Wei Wuxian, what a pleasant surprise!”
Wuxian almost rolled his eyes but he was in no mood to engage with the other person so he just kept his mouth shut.
“What? Turned mute, have you? I see your boyfriend’s not here to save you… Tch tch.. Such a shame…”
“Just leave me alone…”
“Aah so it speaks!”
“Seriously, Zixun? Don’t you have… I don’t know… someone else to bother?”
The other sneered at him, face inches away. “Awww… why so serious? I see you cried…” he laughed at the misery that showed clearly on Wuxian’s face. “What’s wrong nerd? Your boyfriend left you for someone prettier?
The jab hit a little too close for comfort but he wouldn’t give the other satisfaction in knowing that he had managed to irk him. His feelings were all over the place, which is why he had the nerve to say what he said next.
“If my boyfriend was here,” Wuxian sneered at him, “you would be running away in the opposite direction with your tail between your legs.” Wuxian couldn’t stop himself from retorting. He was itching for a fight even though he knew there was no Lan Wangji nearby to save him this time.
Let’s get this over with once and for all.
“Big words coming from someone who’s about to see the business side of these fists.” Jin Zixun raised his fist and hit him right on the jaw.
It hurt like a bitch. Wuxian wouldn’t lie. But thankfully nothing bled. Yet. He closed his eyes as he saw Zixun raise his fist.

“Hey you!”
Someone shouted and Wuxian felt relief wash through him.
“Jin Zixun? What do you think you’re doing here? You better leave before I call the cops.” The voice said.
It was familiar, Wuxian thought but he didn’t open his eyes to check. The hand on his collar loosened and then he heard Zixun curse as he walked away. A hand was placed on his shoulder making him wince as if in pain.
“It’s alright, I am not going to hurt you. That bully left. Here open your eyes.”
Wuxian did so and he seemed to recognize the man in front of him. “Have we met before?” he asked out of nowhere.
The other chuckled. “Are you trying to flirt? Because that sounds very much like a pick-up line”
Wuxian felt embarrassed. “Uh no.. I think it came out wrong. But I feel like we have met before. At the night race?” His face, a mask of curiosity.
“Oh?” The man seemed to contemplate before his eyes lit up in recognition. “Oh, I remember now! You were the one who was my partner in that pillion race, yeah? What a small world. I don’t remember if I introduced myself back then but,” he extended his hand, “I am Su She.”
“Nice to meet you, I am Wei Wuxian.” Wuxian shook the offered hand.
“What are you doing here, this time of the night?”
“I could ask the same to you..”
“Oh me? I am also a student here as you can see from my varsity jacket? I came to pick some stuff up for my project work.” Suddenly out of nowhere, he murmured, “It must hurt.”
Wuxian looked up at him. “It does..” He wasn’t sure what the other was referring to but Wuxian was definitely referring to his heartache more than the physical pain on his jaw.
“Let me take a look..” the other moved forward to touch his face but Wuxian shied away from the touch. Su She immediately retracted his hand, “I am sorry, I didn’t mean to invade your personal space.”
“It’s alright…” Wuxian mumbled.
“Where do you live? I could take you to your house.”
“It’s alright, I can walk.”
“Come on… I won’t bite. My car is in the parking lot.” Su She grinned.
“OK.. I hope I am not imposing”
“You’re not. It’s a pleasure to give such a beautiful person a ride home.” Su She smiled. It was a good smile but nothing, absolutely nothing compared to the smile that Lan Wangji gave him whenever he was around him.

And here I go again. Lan Zhan, why did you make me fall for you? It hurts so much!