24

Wei Wuxian had just walked out of the shower wrapping a soft white towel around his waist when he heard his phone chime, letting him know that there was a new message waiting for him. He walked into his room, barefoot, the towel hanging low over the subtle flair of his hips. His hair was still wet from the shower and water droplets clung to the ends while a few managed to escape and make tiny rivulets over his dewy skin. He picked up his phone and opened it to find a message from Lan Wangji waiting in his inbox. He smiled, shook his head, and opened the message.

LWJ : Wei Ying, I'm outside. Better hurry or I will come in.

WWX: Don't you dare!

LWJ: Chop chop bunny, what's taking you so long?

WWX: If you'd stop texting me, maybe I could get ready faster?

LWJ: Want me to help?

WWX: You want to get us more late?

LWJ: Tch.. spoil sport. You got 5 mins.

WWX: 5 minutes? That's insane, at least give me 10! Also, it's your fault you're impatient.

LWJ: Pfft! OK 10. If you don't come out by then, I will come find you..

WWX: 😑

"That impatient man!" Wuxian muttered while quickly walking over to his wardrobe. He didn't want to risk Lan Wangji walking in on him while he was almost naked. The horror!
He hurried and chose narrow ripped jeans and a long sleeved cotton shirt, before walking outside to meet Lan Wangji, half expecting he would come with his bike as usual. He looked left and right to find the bike, but couldn't find it. He scratched his head in confusion and pulled up his phone to call the man, but instead, a black Range Rover came up beside him. The window lowered to reveal the handsome man he was looking for, smiling brightly at him.

"Get in."
"Lan Zhan?" He was surprised, but got into the car quickly. "Why the car?" He closed the door and wore the seatbelt. Lan Wangji only pointed his finger to the backseat. Wei Wuxian looked back to find the back seat full of takeaway bags, food, drinks, and what seemed like tubs of...
"Ice cream? You brought ice cream?"
Lan Wangji blushed slightly, making Wei Wuxian very much surprised by the alien expression.
"Lan Zhan, are you blushing? Oh my god, you are!" Wei Wuxian couldn't hold his giggles "I'm so honored to have seen you like this, Lan Zhan, you're so cute!" Wei Wuxian almost pinched Lan Zhan's cheek right there and then, but held himself back, suddenly feeling shy.

Wangji cleared his throat as he said, "I heard somewhere that a pregnant woman often craves for ice cream at strange times, so I bought a lot to supply your sister." His ears were gradually turning red.
"Is that why you brought the car? To make space for all this food? Are you trying to bribe my sister into letting me date you?" Wei Wuxian couldn't stop giggling.
"Well, is it working?" Wangji asked, looking directly at Wuxian.

That shut the latter up rather quickly as he looked away blushing.

Wangji smirked. Two can play that game.

-----

They got to the Wens apartment a short while later, and the door opened even before they knocked. Ning ushered them inside quickly.

"What's with the secrecy, Ning?" Wuxian asked.

"Uh, jie just came back from the hospital. She is a little grumpy in the morning. So let's keep it as quiet as possible, OK? Before they could walk into the living room, they faced the grumpy creature standing at the archway.

"Wangji? Wei Wuxian? You guys better have a good reason to come in this early in the morning".

"Jie..." Ning tried to help.

"Well, we could leave but then you would miss out on the huge tub of Bailey's ice-cream I got." Wangji smirked.

"It's kind of a peace offering since we barged in unannounced." Wuxian smiled apologetically.

Wen Qing Narrowed her eyes as she asked, "peace offering, huh? I like you already. Give me my ice-cream now."

"Not before you have breakfast" Yanli interjected. She had walked in while Qing was interrogating the culprits.

Qing narrowed her eyes but stepped back for the boys to finally enter the living space.

"A-Xian, Wangji! Such a pleasant surprise. Don't mind her, she is grumpy in the mornings." Yanli smiled looking radiant and happy, and she greeted Lan Wangji while giving Wei Wuxian a hug.

"Hey!" Qing protested but Yanli ignored her, light-heartedly.

"You brought food? But why? I could have cooked."
"We didn't want to impose jie. We just wanted to spend some time with you. And yes, we got food." Wuxian said while Wangji showed his hands with plastic takeaway bags.
"Aah bless your heart!" She walked them to the kitchen counter. "Place everything here for now," she directed.
"Lan Zhan got ice cream for you, jie. He said, he heard somewhere that pregnant women crave ice-cream from time to time." Wuxian informed Yanli. Lan Wangji's ears had turned red again but he gave her the bag with the ice cream tubs inside. Yanli looked inside to see that there were at least eight different flavours of ice-cream inside.

"So many flavours?"

"Umm yeah, well I got all of the ones that were available in the store." Wangji said.

Qing walked in at that time and took a peek inside as well. "Oh I see you got a coffee flavoured one as well? That's definitely not for Yanli or for me..."

"If you think you can have ice-cream while I sit there and look, you got the wrong person." Wangji quipped.

Qing stuck her tongue out at Wangji which made him grin in response. She then proceeded to ruffle his hair which Wangji avoided by ducking his head.
"Dude, you're upping your game. Me likey!" She rummaged through the bag. "And you even remembered my favorite, baileys!" She gave Lan Wangji a side hug then a slap on his back.
"Anything with alcohol will always be your favorite, Q. Hopefully this will satisfy you. Uh, Yanli-jie I didn't know which flavour you liked so..." He looked at her a little sheepishly.  "Anyway, give me a call if you finish it all. I'll get another batch delivered." 

"Don't worry Wangji, you managed to get my favourite as well." She picked up a tub of strawberry ice-cream, smiling. "And, thank you, it's very thoughtful of you. I like you even more now." She too proceeded to give Wangji a hug which he returned shyly.

"Hey! Where's my hug?" Wuxian complained.

Yanli giggled and went to hug her brother. "What are you? 3?"

Wuxian smiled and hummed as a response going into Yanli's embrace as Wangji, Qing and Ning looked at them with fondness.

Wangji put the rest of the food on the table while Ning got the cutlery out.
"Jie, you look beautiful." Wei Wuxian kissed her cheeks and hugged her again, tightly. "It seems that pregnancy agrees with you."

"A-Xian, always the sweetest boy." She put her hand on his cheek. "Eh? Where's A-Cheng and Sang?" She looked across Wei Wuxian's shoulder. "You're here just with Wangji?"

Just then the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it, jie, it must be Cheng and Sang." Wen Ning rushed towards the door, eager to let his other friends in.