21

For Lan Wangji, every moment that he spent with Wei Wuxian made him feel something new. He had been in numerous fights before, mostly with night racers who were sore losers or with bullies. His brother said he had a hero complex which basically meant he had to go save every person whom he thought was in trouble. And Wangji kind of agreed.
He had always held a particular hatred towards bullies. He didn't hate this quality in him though because somehow it brought his bunny into his life.

"Ning, Wangji, would you guys like to hang out tonight at our place?" Cheng asked.

"Sorry Cheng but I have to go home since Jie has a night shift tonight and Li-jie will be alone. I need to be there if she needs anything." Ning answered.

"Ah right. Thanks for taking care of her Ning. We are really grateful to you and Qing." Wuxian said as he turned to look at him.

"I actually like it when she is there. Who wouldn't when she cooks such delicious food!" Ning grinned.

"OK. I am going to crash tomorrow's breakfast." Huaisang said as he made a turn to get to Ning's house.

"I will too."

"Me too. Lan Zhan you should come too." Wei Wuxian said enthusiastically.

"And get killed by Q? Oh hell no. She is grumpy in the morning, especially after a night shift."

"Not if jie is there to counter her grumpiness. I swear you will fall in love with jie. She is an amazing cook."

"It's someone else I want to fall in love with," Wangji muttered under his breath but no one caught it. He then cleared his throat and said aloud, "What time are you guys planning to go?"

"Does 9 AM sound good to you, Wangji?"

"Too early... It's the weekend tomorrow and I will finally be able to sleep in."

"Fine. Come whenever. We're going to hang at Ning's the whole day tomorrow." Huaisang said.

"Uh, shouldn't we ask Li-jie if she is up to cook for so many of us?" Ning inquired.

"Naah, jie loves cooking. She will love having us around." Cheng grinned.

"Ok that's a plan then. Woohoo!" Huaisang pumped his fist in the air as he whooped in delight. "Food here I come."

-----

After dropping Ning at his house and saying goodnight to Yanli, the motley group made their way to the apartment that Wei Wuxian shared with Cheng. Wangji had parked his bike there, so he accompanied them all the way to the parking. Cheng and Sang had walked ahead to buy ice-cream from the convenience store near the housing complex leaving Wei Wuxian and Wangji alone.

"Thanks for tonight, Lan Zhan." Wei Wuxian said, feeling a little sad that it was time to go home. He turned to leave but Wangji was still holding his hand so he looked up at him in question.

"Wei Ying, can you come with me? I have something to show you."
He didn't even realize he had nodded a yes until he was being dragged to Wangji's bike. Before getting on the bike, he sent a quick text to the GC.

Gays, Lan Zhan wants to show me something so I am going with him. Don't wait up. Also, Cheng, don't forget to ice your knuckles or it will be swollen tomorrow.

I'll take care of Cheng, Xian. Now go and don't worry about us. Huaisang responded.

Cool, see you tomorrow at Ning's.

With that he pocketed his phone and realised he had been dragged to where Lan Wangji had parked his bike.

"Again...?" He groaned exasperatedly, remembering the last time he was on the back of this bike.
"C'mon you chicken, it's just a short ride from here," Wangji smirked, "and I promise I won't cross the speed limit." He made the oath sign with his fingers and then gave him the spare helmet. After meeting Wei Wuxian, Wangji had somehow started carrying the spare helmet in his bike at all times. He then said excitedly, "Jump on."
Wei Wuxian narrowed his eyes, doubting the other's words but finally got on the bike.

"So…"
"So…" Wangji reached for his hand behind him and then wrapped them around his torso, one hand lightly resting on top of Wei Wuxian's entwined fingers.
"Where do you want to take me?" Wei Wuxian asked, a little breathless.
Lan Wangji looked back and broke into a smile. "The pharmacy."

He sputtered, "What? Are you kidding me? And here I thought you would take me somewhere nice. Humph!" He pouted.

Wangji laughed out loud. "That too, but first we need to take care of this," he lightly tapped the other's lip, making him wince. "See? So, pharmacy first."

"Fine!" He muttered, feigning anger which made Wangji laugh again.

After Lan Wangji took care of Wei Wuxian's wound, he recapped the bottle of antiseptic and put it in his pocket.

"Now where are we going?"

"Patience bunny. The only thing I can tell you is that you're gonna love it. Close your eyes and trust me."

"Ooh... mysterious" he rolled his eyes exaggeratedly but did the bidding nevertheless.
Lan Wangji chuckled and started the bike. It rumbled and roared to life, like a giant monster and then they were off, again.