20

Jin Zixuan's house was in a suburban area. Apart from the Yunmeng brothers, the other three had never visited there. Inside the house, the lights were on, so the boys parked their car near the curb and then walked to the door. Zixuan opened the door when Xian rang the bell. His mouth pulled into a straight line when he saw who it was that had come visiting him this late at night.

Seeing that Zixuan was dressed to go out, Wuxian raised an eyebrow and asked, "Going somewhere?"
Zixuan looked annoyed at the tone and replied, "None of your damn business. Now get out!" He tried to close the door but Lan Wangji put his foot between the door and the frame, preventing it from closing, and pushed the door open.
"These guys want to talk, so I suggest you listen, or there will be blood. Yours obviously." He smirked.
Zixuan looked from one person to another and then exclaimed, "Are you for real? Threatening an innocent person here, while you should be out questioning your ignorant sister?"
"What did you just call her, bastard?" Cheng was fuming.
Zixuan smirked. "I called her simple minded. Did you guys know that she's a lesbian?"
Cheng advanced to take a swing and landed one hard blow on Zixuan's face, making blood spurted out from his nose, then he looked at Zixuan with disgust clear in his eyes.
"Well, you're talking to the wrong 'gays' here, asshole. Did you ever think that you're the one who's at fault?" Wuxian stepped up in front of him.
"Ah, I see. So, it runs in the family. Thank God we cancelled the wedding..." he scoffed and wiped his bloody nose. "And you'll be hearing from my lawyer."
"You think it's funny? Making fun of people, undermining the one who loved you, making them lose themselves? Not being able to see who they really are? Well, the joke's on you, pal..." Wei Wuxian stared into Zixuan's eyes, unblinking. "You are the most arrogant, selfish prick I have ever seen in my life, and I've seen plenty." He poked Zixuan's chest. "Thank God my sister's finally opened her eyes and saw you for what you really are... an insecure prick who needs to undermine everyone and everything to feel like you're worth something, or is it a compensation for the size of your dick?"
Upon hearing those words, Zixuan fisted his hand, and punched Wei Wuxian right in the face. He pulled back his hand to land another blow, but Lan Wangji had already moved and blocked the second incoming fist. He twisted Zixuan's hand and then landed his own fist to Zixuan's solar plexus, making him gasps in pain.
"This...is how you punch, unlike the one you just threw like a weakling you are." Lan Wangji then grabbed the front of the other man's shirt and slammed him on the wall near the door. He pressed his forearm against Zixuan's throat, hard enough to make him gasp for breath but light enough not to let him choke on his own spit.
"You touch one hair on Wei Ying again, or come anywhere near him or his family and friends, you're the one who's going to hear from MY fucking lawyer. Are you that stupid that you've forgotten who I am and who my brother is?"
Lan Wangji could see Zixuan's face pale a little at the mention of his identity. The Lans were a force to reckon with. One wrong move and his family business could face serious repercussions. And if he didn't fear Lan Wangji before, he was sure scared of him now.
Wangji was about to punch the asshole again, when he felt a soft touch on his fisted hands.
"I feel some kind of deja vu here, Lan Zhan. Didn't you do that on the first night we met? Ah, but no, I remember that you caught the fist before it hit me" He pouted at Lan Wangji who turned to look at him, his eyes scanning his face for any other injuries other than the split lip. "Hmm, that reminds me that the asshole who was bullying me that night was his cousin. What is wrong with the Jins?" Wei Wuxian tapped a finger on his chin as if he was thinking hard. "Anyway, we came here to tell you to stay away from our sister and from us. I won't be saying it twice. Next time, Lan Zhan won't be as courteous as now." His gaze found Lan Wangji's again, blushing slightly. "Let's go Lan Zhan, this house already smells like shit."
Wangji's gaze was still lingering over Wuxian's lips but he then looked into his eyes and smiled back. He let go of Zixuan's neck, making him drop to his feet and then followed Wuxian out to the street. Wen Ning followed suit immediately.
"If I were you Jin Zixuan...I would listen to him. You see, if you make Wei Wuxian upset, Lan Wangji will be pissed and that won't end well for you." Nie Huaisang looked pointedly at Zixuan for another second, before he turned around, grabbed Jiang Cheng's bruised hand and dragged him outside. The other man still looked like he wanted to beat Zixuan more, so Huaisang got up on his toes and whispered to Cheng, "It's OK, b. He got the message loud and clear. Now let's go buy some ice-cream, head back home and watch a movie?"
Cheng looked at Huaisang, anger still apparent on his face, but his eyes softened.
"Sang?"
"Hmm?"
"Thank you.."
"For?"
"Just being you..." Cheng gave him a smile.
Huaisang smiled back and then they followed their friends to the car.

-----

All through the drive home, Wei Wuxian had held Lan Wangji's hand, his thumb tracing soothing circles on his palm. Wuxian had seen Wangji threaten someone before but he had not seen him punch anyone. It scared and awed him at the same time. He felt confused by his own feelings. In the short time that he had known Wangji, he had evoked a plethora of emotions in him. His head still reeled every time he tried to sort his feelings out so he had just decided to go with the flow for the time being.
Wuxian was never one to resort to violence. Ever. In fact, he disliked people who used their fists to do the talking.
So, why was it different with Lan Zhan? Why did he find him sexier after what he just did? He wondered. His lip still ached from Jin Zixuan's punch, a blood clot forming on it. Unconsciously he raised his other hand to lightly touch it.
"Does it hurt a lot, Wei Ying? We can go to the hospital if it does." Wangji asked, touching Wuxian's lips tentatively. In the semi-darkness of the car, which was intermittently lit by the passing street lamps, Wangji could still see the other blush at the light butterfly touch.
"It hurts a little but nothing a band aid and ice pack can't fix" the other responded with a bright smile then winced when it hurt to smile. "Don't worry about it, Lan Zhan." Then he turned towards his younger brother who was riding shotgun and asked, "Chengcheng, how's your hand?"
Cheng sighed as he turned to look back at his elder brother, "It's alright. As you said, nothing that a band aid and ice pack can't fix."
Wuxian rolled his eyes which made Huaisang, who was watching everything through the rear-view mirror as he navigated through the traffic, snicker.
"I am sorry you got punched," Cheng continued.
"Well, haven't I always said, you always let your temper get the better of you? Anyway, it's alright. What's done is done. Hopefully that asshole will learn from his mistake and keep his cheating self away from jie and us."
"He better..." Wangji muttered, eyes narrowing.
"Lan Zhan..." Wuxian squeezed the hand he was holding.
"Well I am just glad you were there Wangji. It sends a clear message that we aren't joking when we say, he will regret his actions if he comes anywhere near Li-jie." Wen Ning finally spoke.
"Agreed," added Huaisang, nodding.
"Thank you, Wangji," Cheng muttered an apology.
"No problem. I am just sorry; I couldn't stop Wei Ying from getting punched." Wangji was still furious that his bunny had gotten hurt. He fisted his hand making Wuxian yelp. "Sorry," Wangji apologized.
Wuxian could feel Wangji's inner turmoil like it was his own. He scooted a little closer to the other man and put his head on his shoulder as a sign of comfort. His eyes met Huaisang's in the rear-view mirror and he could tell the other was enjoying the moment a little too much.
"Eyes on the road Sang"
"Humph, spoil sport," Huaisang muttered.