29

“You’re sneaking out?”
Wei Wuxian jumped out of his skin when he heard the voice from behind him all of a sudden and almost fell down on his ass. Cursing silently in his head he turned around to see, Jiang Cheng leaning against the frame of his bedroom door.
“Uh… no?”
“Why is that a question? Because from where I stand it looks like you’re sneaking out. How old are you by the way, 16? What the fuck were you even thinking?
Wuxian who was still half crouching, straightened up and said in a haughty tone, “I wasn’t sneaking out, OK? I just thought you would be asleep and I didn’t want to wake you up when I go out.”
“Oh, I see. And if I may ask you, your highness, where are you going this late at night?” Cheng asked sarcastically.
Wuxian rolled his eyes. “Just out.”
“Just out?”
“Yes”
“Yes?”
“Are you a parrot? Why the fuck are you repeating everything I say?”
“Do you need a mirror? Because let me tell you, this…” he pointed his hand towards Wuxian’s chest, “is way out of character.”
Wuxian sighed. “I just need to see Lan Zhan.”
“Why?”
“There’s something he needs to tell me and… wait a minute, why am I answering like as if I am actually sneaking out?”
“Because you are…?”
“Shut-up!”
Jiang Cheng shook his head in disbelief. “If mother comes to know about this, Xian-”
“She won’t.” Wuxian cut Cheng off before he could say anything else. He didn’t want to think about how his mother would react if she knew. He then looked at Cheng, uncertainty lingering in his gaze, “she won’t know, right?”
“She won’t. Just don’t get into trouble, OK?”
Wuxian nodded. “Sometimes I don’t know who’s the elder one between us.”
“We all have our moments.” Cheng said as he went back into his room, but before he closed the door, he peeked his head out and whispered, “Good luck, gege.”
After the door closed, Wuxian shook his head and smiled. I hope you find your happiness soon, Chengcheng.

---

Where is it? He looked around and all he could see were throngs of young people milling about or queuing up to enter the buildings on both sides of the street. He took his phone out and looked at the address again. I am at the right place, but somehow, I can’t find the sign. He caught someone’s arm when they passed him and asked, “Hey could you tell me where this place is located?" He showed them the address on his phone.
The other man looked at the address for a few seconds before he nodded and pointed towards a black door. “It’s right there. There’s no neon sign because it’s a very exclusive club. Not everyone can enter it.”
“Oh, thank you so much.” He bowed and walked towards the black mahogany doors. That guy said they won’t just let anyone enter, so will they let me in? Why did Lan Zhan have to ask me to come here? What if they throw me out? It would be so embarrassing!
While he was in his thoughts, he didn’t realize he had reached the door already. A man dressed in a suit, looked at him from head to toe.
Shit this place looks expensive as fuck and I am wearing regular clothes. Uh… he scratched his head while he thought how to go about it when he heard a familiar voice behind him.
“Wei Wuxian? What a pleasant surprise!”
Wuxian turned around surprised but he managed to calm his nerves. “Uh, Xichen-ge! Da-ge! Hi!”
Lan Xichen looked at the doorman then, “He’s with us,” he said simply.
“Sure, Mr. Lan.” The doorman opened the door and all three walked in. “Let me guess, my brother asked you to come, Wuxian?”
“Uh, yes, he did. Please call me Xian.” Wuxian smiled, amicably.
“Umm hmm… do you know what this place is?”
Wuxian looked around, a panicked expression on his face. “Is it illegal?”
Xichen laughed, a full throaty laugh while Nie Mingjue reached out and ruffled his hair.
“Well, I am sure, Wangji will tell you later. Go on to the basement, that’s where he should be.” Xichen indicated towards a set of stairs that descended towards what Wuxian assumed to be the basement.
“Thank you, Xichen-ge, Da-ge. I will see you around.” He bowed his head again and walked towards the stairs, his heart beat increasing in rhythm as he took each step.

---

“Babe, stop grinning like a fool,” Nie Mingjue, smirked.
“Oh come one! Let me feel happy for my little brother, alright? He’s never brought any of his past lovers here.”
“Well, he does seem to do things for Xian that he wouldn’t usually do for anyone else.” Mingjue conceded.
“Even you noticed it, right? Wangji has truly fallen in love this time it seems and it makes me ecstatic!”
“How would you like to show me how happy you’re then? In private, of course!" Mingjue slid his arm around Lan Xichen’s waist as he pulled him closer, nuzzling his nape.
“Gladly,” Xichen grinned as they walked towards the elevator.
---
Reaching the end of the stairs, Wei Wuxian could see another set of reinforced steel doors but this time, there was no person manning it. So, he placed his hand on the brass handles and pushed it. He felt the beats thumping against his chest before he could hear the music. He took a tentative step inside looking way out of place in the high-end club and as he walked inside, he was led into a tunnel of sorts that was illuminated with low wattage bulbs hanging from the low ceiling.
Wow! This place would be so perfect to take some good aesthetic picture, he thought.
The tunnel opened up to a larger, much larger space with two floors. The ground floor had a bar, a dance floor, a gaming section and a raised platform which Wuxian assumed was a stage of sorts. The second floor, Wuxian noticed, had different seating areas. He hadn’t been a party animal but even he knew that this place was truly one of a kind.
Taking a deep breath, he looked around trying to find Lan Wangji and after a few minutes he spotted him standing in the balcony of one of the seating sections, talking to someone. How could one not notice him? He thought. Lan Wangji would stand out even among millions, that’s how charismatic he was. Wuxian felt his heart clench as he looked on.
Earlier in the evening when he had found the miniature bike model and the handwritten note on his bedside table his breath had caught. He had debated with himself for what felt like hours, if he should come see him tonight. He hadn’t known him that long, so how could this man become so important to him in such a short time? He had wondered.
The man had affected him in so many ways from the moment they had crossed paths that at times he felt disoriented but it was also this man who had held his hand through crowded streets so that he didn’t get lost. It was this man, who teased him endlessly but cared for him so deeply making his heart flutter. Every time Lan Wangji would even glance at him, his body would react to it as if in heat. His kisses always left him wanting more, much, much more. Lan Wangji had turned him into a greedy man and even he hadn’t realized until tonight how much he had started depending on him. He was everything that Wuxian was not and yet that man had made it a point to focus his absolute and complete attention on him.
That evening, Wuxian had suddenly realized that what he felt for Lan Wangji was much more than just lust. He had never been in love so he didn’t know if that particular emotion that swirled inside him was love. However, what he did know for sure was that the bad boy had wormed his way into his heart and it looked like he would be staying there for a long time to come. So, when he had walked out of his home tonight, he knew exactly what he wanted.
He stared at the man who was still in conversation, took a deep breath and walked over to the bar. He ordered a drink, liquid courage, Nie Huaisang called it and took a sip to calm his frayed nerves.
Wish me luck, universe. Wuxian looked up at the sky, sending out a silent prayer. Because I'm about to do something that I have never done in my entire life.

---
Lan Wangji had been standing in the balcony, a cold beer in his hand, his eyes at the entrance. He was waiting. Waiting for that one man who had occupied his every waking moment and even his dreams. Not that he was complaining in any way.
All through the evening, numerous men and women had walked up to him to see if he was available but he had turned each one of them down. They were not his bunny. He wasn’t interested. 
If anyone would have asked him three weeks ago if he would care this deeply for someone, he would have smacked them on the head and laughed at the absurd idea. But now… now he was, what his brother would call, whipped for a certain bunny. He loved everything about him. The way he smiled, the way he blushed, the way he called him ‘shameless’, the way he held his hand. But more importantly he loved the way he just made Wangji feel at home.
Glancing at his wrist watch, he wondered when he would arrive. Wei Ying, come soon. He sent the thought out to the universe like a prayer as if he could telepathically tell his bunny that he was waiting for him, desperately.
He had a lot to say to him. Never the one to express his feelings or emotions to anyone, he felt nervous as to how he would confess to Wuxian. But he had to say it all. He had waited long enough. He couldn’t wait any more. Just then an acquaintance walked up to him and started talking about the next race. Wangji had been talking to him for a few minutes when he saw, from the corner of his eyes, a familiar figure on the dance floor.
He excused himself and turned his head to lock eyes with Wuxian immediately. His bunny wore a pure white button-down shirt with blue skinny jeans ripped at the knees. He moved with the music, slow but confident, hands raised above his head, eyes still locked with his. 
Wangji felt lust pool inside his belly as he stared, his lips lifted in a smirk as he imagined his bunny doing a much sexier dance for him in private later. He would definitely make him dance for him, Wangji vowed to himself.
Wuxian smiled at him. Not the innocent kind but the one that could bring Wangji to his knees any day, begging him to have his way with him. 
The latter didn’t know his bunny had it in him to be this seductive but here he was. Wuxian winked at him as he turned around and kept swaying his hips. Wangji clenched his hands as his eyes followed the other's movements. He needed to put his hands on him, straight away.
He quickly walked down to the dance floor, making his way through the crowd. When he was almost close enough to touch the other, he paused, just taking the view. Everything around him blurred as his burning gaze took in all the lines and curves of the other’s body as he grooved. 
Slowly, one step at a time, he walked closer, until he could smell his bunny’s sweet smelling sweat.
Wuxian had been all confident a minute ago but now that he could feel Wangji’s breath fanning his nape, his heartbeat started picking up rhythm. 
He felt Wangji’s hands slide around his narrow waist, pulling him flush against him; his back to Wangji’s front. Wuxian didn’t turn around but kept flowing with the music while the other swayed with him, keeping up. 
They danced for a while until the music changed and that’s when Wuxian felt a slight pressure on his waist, a silent communication to turn around and so he did, his hands clasped behind Wangji’s neck.
They stared at each other, moving together in the embrace, all sound drowning around them. Wangji pulled him closer still until the only things that were separating them were their clothes. 
Wuxian could feel every inch of Wangji with his own body. It turned him on and he let out a quiet moan, closing his eyes and biting his lower lip in delight.
Wangji couldn't hold back any longer, he dipped his head and nipped Wuxian’s chin which made the other open his eyes in surprise and gasp. This was the exact reaction that Wangji anticipated as the moment Wuxian opened his mouth Wangji thrust his tongue in.
He sucked on Wuxian’s tongue which made the other tighten his hold on his shoulders. Wangji was sure, his bunny would leave marks there and that turned him on even more. His hands slid down until he cupped the other’s perky ass giving it a slight squeeze and Wuxian thrust his hips in response. 
Wangji wanted more so he pushed one leg between the other's legs so now Wuxian was grinding himself against his thigh as he danced.
Wuxian knew the man holding him could feel his hardness as he rubbed against him wantonly. The friction was so delicious that he felt he would combust spontaneously. 
Wangji put more pressure between Wuxian's legs making sure to swallow all of the moans coming out of the other's mouth by kissing him. They were still in the club and even though it was relatively dark, he didn't want any prying eyes on his bunny. 
He groped Wuxian's ass as he supported his weight while the other kept grinding against him.
Wuxian's one hand snaked into Wangji's hair as he pulled him closer still into the kiss, tongues duelling for control, while the other found it's way down and cupped Wangji's ass. 
The sudden show of dominance from Wuxian made Wangji open his eyes and he looked down at the other with barely controlled lust.
"Wei Ying, if we continue like this, I might end up fucking your sweet ass right in front of everyone."
"I like you out of control, Lan Zhan."
“Why is it that every time we kiss and make-out, we are in a public place?” Wangji mused.
Wuxian bit his lips, and shrugged. “I don’t know, Lan Zhan. Why do you always take me to public places?”
Lan Wangji laughed as Wuxian grinned back. “You’ve been very naughty tonight, Wei Ying.”
“Have I?”
“Mn. You should be punished for making me almost lose my mind with lust.”
Wuxian looked up at Wangji, peering at him through his lashes. "You do the same to me..." Suddenly shy again, Wuxian lowered his eyes in submission as he whispered, "I like being naughty for you."
Hearing that Wangji almost wanted to strip him right then and there and have his way with him but he forced himself to control his baser instincts. However, he did take his revenge by dipping his head and leaving a hickey on the other’s neck.
Wuxian quickly placed a hand over it when Wangji moved back. “Lan Zhan! You know that would leave a mark.”
Wangji removed the hand covering the love-bite and then lightly grazed his thumb over the skin that was already red. “I like seeing this on you.”
“Marking your territory, are you? But let me remind you that you haven’t asked me out yet.” Wuxian poked Wangji’s chest as he pouted.
“Wei Ying”
“Mn?”
“Will you be my boyfriend?” Wangji asked, voice suddenly serious. "I want you to be mine."
Wuxian laughed nervously, “Lan Zhan, you don’t have to ask me out, just because I told you-”
He couldn't finish the sentence because Wangji had captured his mouth again. He cradled his head in his hands, rubbing circles just below Wuxian's ears. “You know I wanted you to come here tonight because of this right?”
“Is that so?” Wuxian had his eyes closed, enjoying the feel of the other against him.
“Mn. So, what’s your answer, my bunny?”
Wuxian opened his eyes and then pretended to think but when Wangji tickled him, he giggled and said, “After all that you just did, you better take responsibility for your actions!”
Wangji smirked. “Anything for you, Wei Ying. Anything for you.” He then put a finger under the other's chin and lifted it, looking straight into the other's eyes. "Mine," he almost growled.
"Yours," Wuxian whispered back.