11

Lan Wangji walked into the cafeteria, taro boba in hand, eyes scanning the crowd. He was looking for the one person, he knew for sure, was going to be ecstatic with his bribe. He looked at the blue couch, his usual spot but he only found his friends. He walked up to them and smiled as a greeting.

"Hey guys! Do you know where I can find Xian?" He asked his friends.

Nie Huaisang was going to say something when Jiang Cheng kicked him under the table making Huaisang yelp.

"You just missed him. He was here 5 minutes ago." Jiang Cheng said. Huaisang looked at him surprised but coughed to hide it. With his eyes Cheng could see him ask, "What the hell are you doing?" Cheng ignored the silent question and turned to look at Lan Wangji.

"We don't know where he went but usually he goes to the library or the art studio." Cheng supplied.

Lan Wangji nodded, said his thanks and left.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Why did you not tell him about Xian?" Huaisang whispered angrily.

"I want to see what his reaction would be when he can't find him. I want to see if he will still look for him."

"You're testing the King? Do you want to end up in an alley all black and blue? Don't forget he is a bad boy, he can beat you up and throw you away like trash. He just treats us nice because of Xian."

"I know that. But Xian is my brother and Lan Wangji has needs to prove his dedication before he can date my brother"

"Sometimes I want to smack you for being this protective of your brother but I get it."

"He's always protected me Sang, always. I only want the best for him. I can see that Lan Wangji is good for him but that guy has a past and I just want to make sure he is serious about my brother and not just playing with him."

"I guess I would do that same in your place. Even though I have mad respect for Lan Wangji."

"He can be the most gorgeous man on earth, a racer, a bad boy but to me he's just a guy trying to date my brother. So I will do what I have to do. Consequences be damned."

"And this is why I love you..." Huaisang whispered but Cheng didn't catch it.

Ning had been silently looking at both the boys while they had been arguing but when he heard Sang whisper he turned to look at him. Sang realised Ning heard him so he just hid his face in his hands and sighed.