Part 40 - Rumors

(Y/n) POV

I walked into class, the entire class was gossiping about something until I walked in.

"what's going on?"
I asked confused

"nothing, we were just talking about a rumor going around"

"ooh, and that is?"
I said in an excited tone.

"ok, but don't go telling everyone. Someone said that they think, some of the students are vampires."
I was shocked.

"that sounds interesting, why do they think so?"

"well, Yuku always came in with bandages around her neck. Now suddenly she's gone. The night class, they have pale skin and no normal human could be that hot"

"that's a good point"
I said playing along

Time skip

I have to get out of here, tell Kaname. Think of a way to prove them wrong. The girls from earlier invited me to gossip at lunch, I said yes. At least now I can know how much they know

I saw Zero come in late, I signaled over to him and he sat down next to me.

"there's a rumor going around"
I whispered to him

"and that is?"

"vampires"

When I said that, his eyes widened
"how much do they know?"

"the night class, Yuki. That's how much they've told me. They invited me to join them at lunch"

"ok, then I'll tell the headmaster"

"not yet, if we make a scene they'll know it's true. We have to make then continue believing it's a rumor"

"good point, meet me in my dorm after school"

Time skip

The bell rang, I went with the girls to the bathroom. We talked for a while, not really mentioning anything.

"you know (Y/n), the best rumor I've heard is that you're a vampire yourself."

"really? That would be cool"
I continued playing along

"yeah, on Google there's a lot of theories."
"yeah, imagine being able to heal quickly and have insane powers. I'm jealous if the rumors are real"
"I've don't some research and there's even different ranks. Like level-E and pureblood and aristocrat."
"I want to be a pureblood, how about you (Y/n)?"

"yes, imagine having an army of vampires serving you"
I actually didn't like talking about this. Yeah it sounds cool but it really isn't.

"do you guys think vampires can eat normal food?"
"No, they drink blood"
"yeah, but do they still eat normal food?"
"probably not"
"OOH GUYS! I think Zero is a vampire!"
"omg yes! Would explain why he's so hot"

"eww no, zero's not hot. He's the exact opposite"

"you just say that because you live with him"

"excuse me"
A girl said behind me

"oh I'm sorry"
I said running around. Her finger was bleeding

I turned around looking away from the blood.
"omg Jessica, are you ok?"

"yeah I'm fine, just cut my finger"

"let me see, omg that's slot of blood"

The girls continued talking about it, I was turned around with my eyes closed. Holding my hand over my eyes like I'm shielding the sun

"(Y/n) are you alright?"

500 words!