Part 62 - sickening

I went over to the headmaster's office regarding some questions I have. I knocked on his door, and a soft "come in" indicated I was welcome.

"Ah, (Y/n). What brings you here this late?"
He asked, closing a book on his table.

"I have a few questions if you don't mind answering."
I said

"Go ahead."
He said, resting his head on his hands.

"Why is another event happening?"

"Don't you feel like you need to have fun?"
He asked
"After all that happened."

"Fair enough."
I said.
"Why are we doing a speech on mythical creatures?"

"To increase the knowledge of the dayclass students."
He said
"It forces them to do research."

"I still think this is a bad idea."
I said
"And finally, why is kaname bringing random vampires onto school grounds?"

"I wasn't aware of this."
The headmaster said

"He could've put the dayclass at risk at the crossover."

"Kaname knows what he's doing,"
He said
"I trust him."

"Fine, I guess you're right."
I said, leaving the headmaster's office.

He's up to something, I know him. Until I find out, I'll just have to keep an eye on him.

I entered my room, closing the door behind me. What am I even sepose to talk about in the speech.
The best one I have is vampires, but wouldn't that be too obvious?

Some generations see vampires differently, so maybe I'll just talk about how humans see vampires and not how we actually are. Maybe I'm over complicating things.
I'll figure it out in the morning.

When I woke up, a sickening feeling washed over me. It was like bloodlust but one hundred times worse. My head is throbing. I need blood, I know. But the only blood that can satisfy my thirst is human. I can't do that to Echo, nor myself.

I only have one option left, I'm not too happy about it.

I put on my uniform and made my way to the nightclass. The dormitory was empty. Everyone was most likely asleep.

I ascended the stairs and walked down the hallway, I opened Kaname's door to find him drinking from that woman again. Out of pure frustration and deep lust, I pulled his head away by his hair and plunged my teeth into his skin.

I could hear the smile forming on his face as he stroked my head. My breath was uneven, my hands were shaking as I pushed him over onto his bed. The woman sat down on the couch, averting her gaze to somewhere else.

I pulled away from his neck to look at him, he opened his red eyes to look at me. The smile faded as he wiped the blood from my lips.

"I hate you, Kaname,"
I said, sitting down on his lap
"I hate what I've become."

"I'm sorry (Y/n),"
He said in a sad tone
"For bringing you back into this world of blood"

I stared at the roof as my lust started to ease. Just enough to get me through this day. Every breath I took made me question things more. Why am I even living at this point?

I'm not...

This isn't living,

I'm merely surviving.

I got off of Kaname and walked over to the door, I glanced back at the room. Kaname straightened himself on the bed, glacing at me. The woman remained on the couch with her legs crossed.

I sighed before closing the door behind me. I walked down the hallway approaching the stairs, I glided my hand down the railing as I descended the staircase.

Classes start in a few minutes, so I have about 10 minutes to get cleaned up. While walking back to my room, I wiped some of the blood off my mouth and onto my clothes. I'll wash it off as soon as I get to a restroom.

On my way the I met Zero on the path.
"What happened to you?"
He asked

"After Rido gave me that human blood,"
I said
"Nothing seems to ease the demon inside of me."

"That's deep,"
He said
"Let's get you cleaned up before someone sees you."

He wiped some of the blood off my mouth with his finger before sticking it into his mouth. We walked to a restroom together, he waited outside until I finished.

I opened the water and washed my face. I could hear some movement behind me, which instinctively made me turn around.

"What happened, (Y/n)?"
A girl asked

"I spilled some food on me,"
I said, continuing to wash the blood off my clothes.

"What kind of food?"
She asked, following with a whisper from someone else
"I told you it's blood,"

"It's not blood,"
I said, making them look at me, surprised.
"It's pasta sauce,

"Ok, if you say so,"
She said, saying the last part quietly.

When they left, I dunked my entire head under the faucet. While they were talking, all I could think about is how their blood would taste.

I need help.