Part 51 - too late

Zero stayed with me until classes were over. I took a nap, regaining my strength. When I woke up, my vision was red.

I looked around my room, seeing Zero wash his face in my sink. I got out of bed walking up to him. I wrapped my arms around him, hugging him from behind.

'I like this boy'
Echo said

Zero turned around, hugging me as well. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

"(Y/n)"
He whispered into my ear
"May I have some of your-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I pulled his head down my neck. Without hesitation, he pierced my skin. I took deep breaths as I looked at myself in the mirror.

Red eyes looked back at me. I hate the creature I've become, but I was born this way. Even if I lived most of my life as a human, thousands of years I was a vampire.

Zero pulled away, his mouth covered in my blood. I rubbed the blood off his lips with my thumb before putting it in my mouth.

'(Y/n), you need blood'

'I know'
I said to Echo
'Not right now'

Some time passed, Zero left to go patrol the grounds. The left to go see Kaname about my blood problem.

I entered the Moon dormitories and made my way to Kaname's room. I knocked on the door, and when I didn't get an answer, I opened it. I looked around in his room, and I couldn't see him.

I closed his door, walking down the hallway.
"Looking for something?"
A voice asked behind me

"I'm looking for Kaname,"
I said, turning to face Hanabusa

"Kaname has left."
He said
"Maybe I can give him a message?"

"It'll be too late by then,"
I said, making my heart skip a beat.
"I need blood,"

"I can help you~"
Hanabusa said, pulling his shirt to the side

"It won't be enough,"
I said, walking to the staircase.

"Are you sure?"
Hanabusa insisted
"I could-"

"No."
I said sternly
He backed off and let me leave.

'(Y/n), it hurts'

'I know'
I said before while swallowing
'There's nothing we can do'

'I now understand the struggle you go through. I smell so many opportunities. But they're all human'

I went to the headmaster's office. I hope he can help me.
I opened his door to see him reading a note.

"Ah (Y/n)"
He said happily
"Whats the matter?"

"Do you have any... Bloodbags"
I asked hesitantly

"I'm afraid not,"
He said
"Kaname is checking if Yuki is still locked up,"

'We should go see him'

'We can't'

'Why not'

'Yuki would be able to control us again'

'We are stronger than before'
Echo insisted
'Let's go'

My body started moving on its own. This isn't a good idea, but I can't control Echo in the state I'm in.
We walked to the cells and down to where Yuki was being kept.

"Stop threatening if you can't even escape."
Kaname said

"I'll find a way,"
Yuki said
"(Y/n) can't stay away from me. It's only a matter of time before she comes crawling back. "

"I'll be there to stop her,"
Kaname said
"She wouldn't-"

Kaname stayed quiet as he sensed me. He quickly rushed to where I was before Yuki could realize what's going on.

"Why are you here?"
Kaname asked, grabbing my shoulders

"I didn't have a say in this."
I said, looking up at him.

"We need to get you away from here,"
Kaname said, pulling me back up the stairs.

As he did that, my heartbeat started to increase as well as my breathing. I fell to my knees.

"(Y/n)"
Kaname said, crouching down to my level.

The moment my eyes landed on his neck, I pushed him over, sinking ny fangs into his neck.

The taste of his blood was all I could experience before it was too late...

.