Part 63 - Speech

I went back outside to find Zero, still waiting for me. We walked together to class, talking about what we were going to say in this presentation.

"I'll just talk about fairies or something,"
Zero joked
"How about you?"

"Vampires"

"Isn't that a bit too obvious?"

"I'm going to give fake facts, like the different perspectives people have,"

"That's smart,"
Zero said
"Good luck."

We parted ways to sit down at our desks. The teacher walked in a few seconds after the bell.

"I hope everyone is prepared for the speech."
The teacher said, taking out some papers from his desk.
"This speech is 40 marks, I hope you all are ready,"

One by one, the teacher started calling out names.
"Vampires are mythical creatures from long ago, I chose this creature because.."
"The creature I have chosen is werewolves, after a full moon they.."

And so on, everyone said something about creatures. Real or not, their facts were Bullshit.

"(Y/n), you're up next."
The teacher said.

I got up from my desk and walked to the front of the class, I sighed as whispers followed behind me.

"In the shadowed realms of folklore, vampires emerge as timeless enigmas. With a thirst for the crimson essence of life, these creatures of the night captivate our imagination. From ancient myths to modern tales, they embody both seduction and terror. Vampires, immortal and elusive, mirror our fascination with the unknown. Yet, beyond their fangs and nocturnal allure, they serve as metaphors for the complexities of desire, immortality, and the eternal dance between light and darkness. As we delve into their lore, let us embrace the mystery that vampires embody, reminding us that even in darkness, stories thrive."
I spoke, capturing the attention of the classroom.

"Vampires can not roam the daylight as they shall turn to ashes. To prevent their death, they remain indoors during the day."
I gave facts that weren't entirely true. Some were not to make it too obvious.

"Thank you, (Y/n)"
The teacher said, showing my mark on the piece of paper.
"Some of the facts you gave were just too unrealistic."

Those facts were the truth. The thing about dying if they ate a tomato was probably too obvious, but the point being, 38 isn't horrible.

After I sat down at my desk, the girl from the bathroom went next. The memory of how I imagined her blood to taste lingered in my brain.

"While vampires remain creatures of legend and fiction, their existence is not quite proven to be fake. Their mysteries of the night lead us to believe there's something more."
She spoke, I could hear her heartbeat increase every time her eyes landed on me. Is it fear?

"I believe they exist, vampires are known to have abilities to mess with our heads. You could've met one before, and they made you forget. They could be sitting among us, and we wouldn't even know."
She finished and walked back to her seat. She glanced at me before sitting down.

More students went after her. It feels like class is taking longer than usual to finish. The more students spoke about vampires and... blood
I felt my humanity slowly slip away.

I lowered my head into the table, trying to keep myself from losing control.
I felt an arm wrap around my waist, making me glance up.

"Are you ok?"
Zero whispered into my ear.

"Not really."
I whispered back slightly, smiling.

"I'll stay with you-"
Zero stopped talking abruptly.
"Keep you head down."

"Why?"
I asked, doing what he said.
"What's wrong?"

Zero's breathing became heavy
"Just don't look up."

I got curious, Zero covered his eyes with his hand lowering his head. In the back of my mind, I knew what was happening, mainly I just couldn't believe it was happening again.

I focused my hearing, I could hear soft whispers from the back of the class.
"Now we just wait for a reaction."
.
"Maybe you have to get closer?"
.
"How am I sepose to do that?"

"They're stupid."
Zero whispered, digging his nails into his leg

I put my hand on his trying to calm him down, his blood mixed with the human blood circulating the classroom was making me feel uneasy.

"How much time is left before class ends?"
I asked Zero, lifting my head to look at the clock.

The second I did, the smell hit me twice as hard.
"About 10 minutes"
He was barely able to say.
He was swallowing profusely, I don't know what I can do to help. I can barely help myself.

"Zero,"
I whispered into his ear.
I slid my arm close to his face.
"Take my blood,"

"No,"
He said quietly
"You attacking someone is more dangerous than if I do it."

I pierced my skin with my nail, drawing blood. Zero instinctively licked it, and soon after, he bit into it. He quickly drank a lot of my blood before wiping it away from his mouth and cleaning my arm.

"Are you ok?"
I asked him

"Yeah,"
He said, breathing heavily
"You?"

"I'll manage."
I said.

Soon after, the bell was heard. Zero and I were the first ones to exit that classroom.

.