Part 48 - Odd

We are almost at part 50. I like to keep my chapters short so people don't loose interest. You can finish the entire book in less than a few hours.

Do you guys still want chapters after 50?
Let me know, it really helps.

----------------------------------

I woke up to the sound of Echo screaming in my head to wake up.
When I opened my eyes I saw a rifle reload to my head.

Before they could notice I'm awake I shot out of bed tripping the two men in my room and jumped out of the window.

My body was covered in scratches and cuts from the glass. I couldn't fokus on healing so I focused on running to my savest option.

The night class.

'what happened in there?'

'I don't know, I heard people talking in your room. It freaked me out'

'I'm sorry for not waking up sooner, Echo'

'it's ok, where are we going?'

'to the other pureblood, I haven't controlled your power yet so I need his protection'

'you know, if you let me take over...i can help'

'last time you took over people close to me got hurt'

'that was Yuki's doing. Now I know you are my vessel, we are a team. Trust me'

'fine, I'll trust you.'

With that I jumped over the gate and jumped onto kaname's window sill. The vampires should be asleep by now so I knocked on his window loudly.

He opened it with sleepy eyes.
"what were you-"
"what's wrong?"
His attitude changed when he saw my wounds
"why aren't you healing?"

"it's nothing serious, kaname. I jumped out of my window.... This morning, I woke up to a rifle reloading in my face, ready to shoot. I got away"

"they came back?"

"yes, and it won't be long before they find me. And kaname, I have to tell you something important"

I told kaname about Echo and all her abilities. He was shocked at first but gave me his support.

"I understand, the Echo was originally a myth among vampires. Especially purebloods. Knowing that it exists is amazing but also dangerous. Who have you told?"

"only you, I think. But Yuki knew about it and that's how she was able to control me."

"if Yuki knows, then so does Rido. Which could mean he told the hunters"

"that's exactly what I was thinking. And that's why Echo suggested to use her power to help"

"why should we trust it?"

"she needs a host to operate, since I didn't know about her, Yuki controlled her. Now she understands the situation and she can't let me die anyway"

"I understand, it's just. It seems a little odd"

500 words!