Episode 171: My Rise to Fame and Fortune!

*One day in Seashell Bay. Me and Maya are out on a date walking around*

Me: Y'know Maya, it's been so long since we've started dating.

Maya: Yeah, it has! We've become a lovely couple, haven't we?

Me: Not as lovely as you, my Angel of Love!

Maya: Awwwwww, Durand! You're the sweetest guy I've ever met! I love you so much! *kisses me on the lips*

Me: Hehe. Love you too, sweetie!

Maya: Hey Durand, I don't believe I ever asked you this, but how was your life before you became a celebrity in Authoria?

Me: *sigh* I really don't want to talk about it...

Maya: Come on, you can tell me anything!

Me: Do you REALLY want to know?

Maya: Yeah! We don't a lot about you in regards of your past.

Me: *sigh* Well, alright then...

Me: Well, first things first, I'm not actually from Authoria.

Maya: Wait, you're not?!

Me: No. In fact, my true nationality is from the US. I was born in Wilmington, Delaware. It's a small town and state, but it was home to me.

Maya: Well, how did you get to Authoria?

Me: I'll get to that later. Anyways, throughout my childhood, it was only just me and my mother who lived together. I did have distant cousins that I spent time with too, but now they're all out in Boston, so I only get to see them every 5 years. Not helping is the fact I didn't have a lot of friends to hang out with beyond Elementary School and my father was never there for me as a child. In fact, I always believed that I never had one to begin with...

Maya: Oh...

Me: We then moved to Arizona a few years later because my mother got a new job there. Life was still relatively OK for me, even if my father was still gone from my life.

Maya: Oh, I see...

Me: That is, until 2020 came around. As you already know, COVID-19 spread like WILDFIRE Worldwide, and my mother was unfortunate enough to catch it...

Maya: *gasp* She did?!

Me: Yeah... It was before the vaccines were made so there wasn't any cure for her. And so, I had to watch her die with my own eyes..

 And so, I had to watch her die with my own eyes