Letter 20

"Hello," Jisung starts.

"This is so embarassing but my friend right there got promoted at work he asked me to sing cause he treated us tonight. Thanks, by the way," Jisung giggled when Hyunjin suddenly screamed "Daddy" after Jisung mentioned Jeongin.

The four of them starts laughing when Jeongin smacked the taller boy. Jisung's giggles echoed to the place making him embarrassed, "sorry, my friends are naughty."

Jisung went closer to the band again, he starts whispering the song he want to sing. They had a few minutes discussing and trying the chords Jisung was telling them. Luckily, because the drummer and keyboardist knows the song so they don't have to worry.

Jisung went back in front of the mic stand, "sorry for the wait I just really like this song lately and it's stuck in my head, like literally," he said then starts strumming the intro of dear no one by Tori Kelly.

Am7, Em, F, and C. He repeatedly strummed those chords until he starts singing.

"I like being independent
Not so much of an investment
No one to tell me what to do"

Minho stared at the boy in front as he listens to the unfamiliar song he is singing.

"I like being by myself
Don't gotta entertain anybody else
No one to answer to"

He examined the guy performing. The same guy he saw last night in Hongdae, eating like there's no tomorrow but still looks incredibly cute with his chubby cheeks. He has a very small frame and he stands cutely while holding the guitar that is covering his stomach.

"But sometimes, I just want somebody to hold
Someone to give me the jacket when it's cold
Got that young love even when we're old"

Minho listens carefully to the song, feeling a bit stunned and amazed by the amazingly beautiful voice singing in a female key.

"Yeah, sometimes, I want someone to grab my hand
Pick me up, pull me close, be my man
I will love you till the end"

The song continued but this time Minho was focused on the lyrics. It's kinda familiar and those lyrics were like the things that was in his head for the past months.

"So if you're out there, I swear to be good to you
But I'm done lookin' for my future someone"

Confusion filled Minho's head, that part sounds familiar. It feels like he already heard those lines somewhere but he forgot where and when.

"'Cause when the time is right
You'll be here, but for now
Dear no one, this is your love song"

That's when it hits him... Dear no one? Minho chuckled remembering that specific person.

"I don't really like big crowds
I tend to shut people out
I like my space, yeah"

Those letters he received from a year ago. Few of those letters are actually a lyrics of a song? How smart and you unique that idea was.

"But I'd love to have a soul mate
And God'll give him to me someday
And I know it'll be worth the wait"

Is waiting really worth it? Minho can't stop himself thinking about those letters, he still have them in his drawer and he never really touched them. He can't believe that some parts of those letters are a song lyrics.