Letter 45

"[There are no much patients today, doc.]" Dahyun informed Minho through a phone call. It was already about a week since the clinic opened so Minho is back to his busy schedule again.

"Okay, thank you. I might be a little late but I'll be there."

"[Okay, doc. Doctor Yoo is still here.]"

"Just tell her that I'll be late, thanks Dahyun."

"[Yes, doc.]" After their conversation, Minho ended the call immediately before turning around to his mother who was sitting on his couch with the cats around her.

"What's the matter, mum? Is there a problem?" Minho worriedly asked. His mother just suddenly showed up at his front door that moment he was about to go to the veterinary clinic so he thought it might be urgent or something important had happened in his parent's home.

"I'm okay, I just want to check you out," she said then looked away from Minho which he found sketchy.

"Really? Why are you acting like that? It's making me nervous. I know you have something in mind," he suspiciously asked. Mrs Lee was silent for a few minutes but then spared a glance at her son before speaking to Minho, "well," she started.

"I met a friend from high school and she has a so-"

"No," Minho cut his mother. His face was blank as he started walking to the living room table to get his car key and leave. He already knows what she wants and he's not really interested.

"Minmin! Just this one, this will be the last one," she pleaded after standing up to reach for her son and stop him from leaving.

"Mum, I told you Chan Hyung will be the last one. I don't wanna be on those blind dates you set me up with. I'm not interested." The man argued. He's so done about these dates anymore, the last one was major chaos. Although Chan was a good man, his boyfriend wasn't really that friendly to him and Minho doesn't want to deal with the same conflict again now that it's slowly getting better.

"I just want to see you with someone, Minho. I want to assure that you'll have someone someday," the woman eagerly answered.

"I can't believe you really came here just to say this. You know I had a rough time because of Chan Hyung, his boyfriend hates me just because of that blind date. What if it happens again? I literally don't want to repeat the same scenario."

"No, I checked it this time. He's single and he really wants to meet you. He's rooting to see you too." She explained, which only earned a sigh of disbelief from her son. He can't believe his mother sometimes.

"Really, mum? I don't want to! I won't go," he removed his mother's hand from holding his shirt and started walking to the front door again but the woman still followed him.

"Minho! Come on!" She whined.

"No."

"Minho, this will be the last one, I promise! Just meet this guy. It's embarrassing to my friend if you don't go, I already said that you're interested," with that being said, Minho turned back again to his mother. He sighed and brushed his hair in frustration.

"Mum, please understand that I really don't like meeting random people on blind dates, they always turn out worse." He said, making his mother pout.

"But, Min-"

"No. I won't come, I'm busy, and I'm not interested at all. End of discussion!" Mrs Lee stared at him with pleading eyes while pouting. Minho raised a brow before sighing; he really hates seeing his mother like this, she usually tries to act cute whenever she wants something from Minho and she's here again, doing the same old lame acts she does just to make Minho say yes to her weird ideas.