Letter 55

Mrs Han is cautiously watching her son stroll back and forth in his room, unsure why the guy has suddenly become so strange.

"Jisung, can you sit here for a while and let's talk? Update your mother on what's happening with you and why are you so tense? Your friend will be alright with your dad," the woman remarked, drawing a groan from the younger man.

"You don't understand, mum; it's just... I don't know, I need to tell you something, and Minho Hyung should be here," Jisung answered, still not stopping from walking back and forth in front of his mother.

"Make me understand. Are you in some serious trouble Han Jisung? Why does the man need to be here?" She said sternly this time. Jisung came to a halt when he heard his mother's tone change, and the only thing he could do was shake his head and mumble, "no."

Mrs Han was observing him, which made Jisung even more uneasy. He bit his lower lip and began twitching his fingers, which the elder woman noticed. Jisung watched as his mother's face darkened into a threatening glare until she finally spoke again, asking, "Are you on drugs?" She seriously asked.

Jisung's eyes widened and his jaw fell as he gazed in surprise at his mother, "what? No!" he defended.

"Really? Then why are you so tense? You're fidgeting, you're so nervous, and you can't even look at me straight in the eyes!" Mrs Han remarked seriously, a little enraged at the prospect of her son getting into serious trouble.

"I'm not! I would never!" Jisung said, defending himself against his mother's rash accusation.

"What is it? Why are you acting so strange? You look like you're on drugs!" the woman protested, her suspicions about her son still lingering.

"I'm not!! Do you want dad to kill me?"

"Exactly! So why are you on drugs?"

"Mum, I'm not! Oh my god!" Jisung rubbed his head furiously out of frustration. Isn't it possible for her to just let him speak first? Jisung was upset to no end. By the time he wasn't with Minho, the anxiousness he was feeling earlier has grown.

The longer Minho is away from him, the more worried he becomes, and what tensed him even more was when his mother barged back in with her strange assumptions, "then why? What's up? Why are you so strange? Did you impregnate someone Han Jisung!?" she snarled, causing Jisung's brain to instantly shut down.

Jisung was speechless. "Huh?" he gasped. He had no clue where she got the idea, but he couldn't even speak properly since he was so dumbfounded.

"I knew you'd do it!" the woman exclaimed, irritated by the thought that had formed in her mind, "that's why you were trying to ignore my calls! You're such a troublemaker! When are you growing up!? Your father will be so mad about this Jisung!" she scolded as she stood up and walked towards her shocked son, hitting the man on the shoulder.

"I knew letting you move out is a wrong decision! Why do you have to be so irresponsible all the time?" She continued, till Jisung finally got the nerve to respond.

"W-what? MUM! KNOCK SOME BRAIN CELLS, I DID NOT!" He freaked out, where are all those ideas coming from? Where did she pick those up?

"First, I'm literally twenty-four years old; I can make my own decisions now, and no! No one's pregnant, no one's carrying my child, goodness! Where did you get that, mum?" he said, causing Mrs Han to back off and stop hitting him.

However, the woman still started to panic. She's overthinking about what's wrong with her son, considering that the man barely gives her updates so once again, she spoke, still in her panicking voice, "then what's wrong!? Why are you like that? Are you sick? Like, did you get some serious health problem that you are so scared to tell us?"