Letter 54

Jisung was startled awake by a sudden movement near him. It was a gentle attempt to hug him tighter, but unfortunately, he ended up being awakened by it, "sorry," Minho whispered in a low morning voice.

"Good morning," Jisung said, scooting closer to his boyfriend and hugging him warmly, which Minho returned with a kiss on the younger's head, "I love you," he whispered sleepily, making Jisung smile.

The couple went silent for a few minutes, both are still zoning out. Minho yawned, causing Jisung to giggle which broke the quietness.

"That was a cute yawn," Jisung whispered. The elder let out a tiny chuckle as he held Jisung even tighter and began running his palm over Jisung's head. "You are cuter than my yawn," they both laughed.

"Of course," Jisung answered.

Minho's grin grew even bigger. He stayed quiet, but he didn't forget to kiss Jisung on the top of his head.

Jisung relaxed in his boyfriend's embrace until he recalled their plans for today. The small smile on his face automatically dropped as his heart began to beat strangely, and he became worried.

"I'm scared," the younger one mumbled, but loud enough for Minho to pick up on.

Minho inquired, "For later?" to which Jisung replied with a nod.

"Don't worry, I'll always be there for you; we'll get through this," he said. It would be a deception to say that Minho is unnerved. He's somewhat nervous about seeing Jisung's family, and he's afraid about how they'll react once they discover about their son's sexuality, but he knows that they'll have to confront the same situation sooner or later, and avoiding it will only extend the pressure.

There was a brief moment of silence as the pair cuddled until they agreed to take their breakfast and greet Minho's parents a good morning.

Both guys entered the dining room to find Mrs Lee making breakfast and Mr Lee already seated in front of the table, engrossed in a matching game on his phone, "Good morning," Minho said, announcing their presence to the couple.

Mrs Lee offered them a warm welcome and Jisung bowed to them, greeting them with a shy good morning and another Merry Christmas before they sat down for their breakfast.

"How was your rest Jisung? I'm sorry you had to sleep on the floor since we have already gotten rid of our old beds." Mrs Lee apologetically said.

"Oh! No worries," Jisung remarked, shaking his head and smiling reassuringly, "I slept very well. The mattress was comfortable enough, I truly had a nice sleep, Mrs L... Mum," the younger continued, pausing after noting the woman's expectant gaze to be called how she wanted to be addressed.

The hesitance in Jisung's voice made the Lees laugh at his cute attempt. Minho's mother smiled enthusiastically and cooed at the younger man, stating that she likes him so much and thinks he's adorable, before offering everyone to have their breakfast.

An hour passed and everyone finally finished their meal. Jisung really appreciates the family's warm company since it is much lighter than what he was used to, growing up. Minho's parents tell a lot of humorous and intriguing stories throughout the meal, and Minho even cracks jokes around them, which astonished Jisung a lot. He had no idea that his boyfriend had that side as well.

After breakfast, Mr Lee suggested that they should also visit Minho's grandparents in the other street of the neighbourhood before they leave to visit Jisung's family, saying that the older's grandmother would be delighted to see Minho and meet her grandson's lover. Minho agreed and convinced his boyfriend to come. Of course, Jisung had no option but to accept, so the pair readied themselves to look presentable so they could pay Minho's grandparents a visit. Jisung was too concerned about it, telling his boyfriend that they should at least bring something since it's Christmas and he wanted to leave a good impression, prompting them to take a short stroll to the store to purchase at least a few fruits for the elderly.