Letter 30

Jisung hopped out of the bus and slowly walked on the pavement going to a very familiar veterinary clinic with his hands in his pocket. He's meeting Minho to explain what happened last night just like what he promised to the older.

Well, if you're wondering what happened the night prior—Jisung accompanied Minho back to the food park and when he got home he saw Chan outside his apartment still knocking for Felix to open the door. As a good friend he is, Jisung told Chan to go home and give Felix a space to be alone which Chan understood, thankfully.

When Jisung got inside, the house was quiet, but not until he heard sobs and cries from his friend. Jisung ignored it and went to his room to rest and give Felix his privacy to release his frustrations alone. Jisung also got Minho's phone number that night to keep them updated for the next day plans which lead to the current situation.

Jisung opened the door of the veterinary clinic and was greeted by the same guy who escorted him and Felix before.

"Hello sir, do you need help?" He asked with a very beautiful and welcoming smile.

"Hmm I am looking for Dr Lee, is he still busy?" Jisung shyly asked.

"He's in an emergency surgery, sir." The guy looked at his wristwatch and continued, "maybe he'll be out in 15 minutes but Dr Park is already on her way here. May I know your name and pet's name so I can ask for their record? Do you have an appointment today, sir?" He politely said.

Jisung shook his head to the guy, "Uhm no, I have a personal business with him he asked me to meet him here around 6 PM." The guy then nodded his head in understanding.

"Ahh! Are you, perhaps, Mr Han Jisung, sir?" Jisung nodded his head with a small shy smile on his face.

"Oh! I see, Dr. Lee asked me to accompany you to the office, sir. Please follow me." The guy pointed the way and Jisung followed him. They reached a slightly big room with four tables in each corner, a big bookshelf, and animal charts on the wall. They walked closer to one table which he assumes was Minho's.

"You can wait for him here sir I'll just get you a drink."

"No need I'm fine."

"Are you sure, sir? Dr Lee asked me to give you a snack while you wait." Jisung just nodded his head to the guy not wanting to disturb him even more in his work.

"Okay sir," said the guy, "Dr Lee also said to apologise for making you wait. The surgery was a sudden surgery it's not in his schedule today but he needs to perform it now or the dog will die in an instant," he continued. Jisung smiled once again to the guy after saying that it's fine.

The guy excused himself and continued to work while Jisung waits in the room, playing on his phone to distract himself from feeling bored. A few minutes later a woman came in, she greeted Jisung politely and walked to the other table and prepared her stuff. Jisung assumed the lady was Dr Park, which the guy mentioned earlier.

If you would ask if it's awkward, yes it. Jisung is feeling awkward being in a very quiet room with someone he doesn't know but thankfully because the lady was too busy checking something. A few minutes more passed and finally, the door opened once again and Minho came in with an obviously tired eyes and a few blood stains on his shirt.

"Dr Lee, what happened?" The woman asked the moment she saw Minho who just shook his head sadly. The lady let out a sad gasp, "it's okay, you did your best, Minho."

"I know, I just feel bad for the owner, noona. They trusted me but Skye was already in a critical state that I couldn't do anything but to accept that there's no other way to save him and putting him to sleep was the best option so he would not suffer any longer."