Letter 47

Dear no one,

Hey, it's been a while. Two years, right? How are you? I'm guessing you're fine, I know you are. I never really imagined myself writing this again but I guess this is just how things work.

If you're wondering how I've been lately, well, good I guess? I got a job right after graduating, I made up with my friend after that awkward encounter with him and he's got a boyfriend now. Well, as for me, I'm still single. Never really had the time to get one but oh! Boy got a crush lmao. This is something I want to share with you.

Almost a year ago, I met this guy in Hongdae. He was always in that specific tent bar I usually stay on for a late dinner. I thought this guy lives just around the area, I found out that he lives far from Hongdae. He's very handsome. You know what's funny? I keep seeing this guy everywhere, literally. Well, I guess if you have your interest in someone, they'll just pop out of nowhere haha.

It's funny how this guy became the veterinarian of my friend's dog. And again, I met him in a totally different place where I definitely don't have the idea that I'll meet him there. I think God's really a good player, yeah?

Many things happened, we're close now, thankfully. In a few months it'll be the first year I knew him, imagine how long I've been crushing on him and I can't even tell him what I really feel.

At this moment, at this part I know you already caught what's happening? I'm nervous. I found out that the guy I like was actually the person who's been receiving those stupid letters from two years ago. I'm embarrassed knowing how this guy might find me weird. Well, I guess I was just desperate back then and right now I think I'm even more desperate.

I know this is weird, really weird. I just don't have the courage to tell you directly because it's embarrassing. After knowing that you received my letters before made me want to just disappear but I couldn't slip the chance to tell you. I'm sorry if I weirded you for this and I'm also sorry that this is the only way I can do for you to know that I like you so much, Minho Hyung.

It's quite unexpected, right? This is me Hyung, the Han Jisung you know. I'm sorry for checking out your room, I was trying to look for your cat's comb because Dori was deshedding that time and I accidentally saw my letters in your drawer. Sorry that I creeped you out with this letter and those letters from before.

Hyung, I really have so much in my head. Things that I wanted to tell you but I couldn't form the proper words to describe, it's just that... I like you very much. I'm hoping that once you read this nothing's gonna change. We're still friends, right? Sorry for being weird. This is just how I am.

I'm scared of how you will feel after reading this letter, I'm afraid that I might make you feel uncomfortable. If that's the case, I'm really sorry.

Minho Hyung, I really like you. It's insane, I feel different whenever I'm with you, I can't control my heart, it always feels overwhelming. You're so fun to be with, you're always so kind, thoughtful, and generous. Oh! And you're really handsome, ugh damn. You're also cute, you talk to your cats like they understand you and you understand them and that's really adorable. I never met someone like you before, you're just really special. Ugh! I don't know, I still have so many reasons to like you but I'm too lazy to write them already and this paper will soon be full.

Hyung, this is probably the perfect time to start editing my letters hahaha. This is no more a "Dear no one" I'll make sure to address you properly some other time, like, "Dear Minho Hyung, how was your day? Mine was fine" hahaha. I hope that was funny. Hyung, please don't be mad at me, I know this is weird, I'm sorry but please tell me that we're still friends after this. And you know, thank you very much for making me experience many things, you're an awesome person! Beautiful inside and out, thank you for existing. I should really thank your parents haha. Anyway, I think I'm being so weird and I might really make you uncomfortable by now so I'll stop. Hyung, thanks for being a good friend. I hope nothing will change because of this.