Letter 22

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Help please my dog is dying!" A loud voice of a frustrated dog owner walked in the clinic carrying his dog in his arms.

The assistants and other owners looked at him and his dog. He is frustratedly crying while asking for assistance, Yeonjun quickly went to them and looked at the dog when Minho went out from his office and noticed the dog immediately.

"Yeonjun, isolate that dog go to my office and make sure you don't touch other dogs, please." Yeonjun guided the owner inside while Minho looked around, checking if there are other dog patients that is in the waiting area.

He called another assistant and asked him to assist the other patients before going in his office to check the dog in emergency.

He entered and looked at the puppy having a seizure attack.

"Doctor Lee, I don't know what's happening why is she suddenly became like this? Is she dying? Why it don't stop?" The owner asked.

Minho walked to them and held the puppy that's currently on the examination table and starts petting the dog, "it's okay, it's okay, good girl. Relax, it's okay." Minho said while petting the dog.

It took a few more minutes before the dog stopped her seizure, "good girl," he whispered for the last time then let the dog rest for awhile.

"Get her temperature and her records," Minho instructed Yeonjun who just nodded before going out to take the needed documents.

Minho starts examining the dog before looking to the owner who's just frustratedly waiting for him to talk.

"Mr. Jung, have you noticed her stool? How was it? Was it a bit watery?" Minho asked in all concern sounding voice. The obviously younger boy nodded his head to Minho which he only responded with a nod then continued checking the currently weak laying dog on the examination table.

Yeonjun went back holding a file of record and gave it to Minho before getting the thermometer to check the dog's temperature while Minho checks the documents.

"She has complete vaccine this is a bit odd. I'll be honest, Mr. Jung, but I suspect canine distemper virus. Looking at her condition and the recent seizure, points distemper. However, I would suggest you to get her tested this instant to know what exactly was the cause of her seizure," He said in all honesty. The owner worriedly looked at Minho then back to his laying dog, "can I know of what that means, doc?"

"I don't want to worry you but to start with, distemper is a deadly virus, it messes with the dog's brain. The seizure occurs when oxygen can't go properly in their brain. The virus is also transmittable which is why I suggest you to isolate her to her other siblings for the time being. If we go for a test right now the result will be just in a few minutes so we would know if it was really a distemper virus. Would you want to ran a test?" The owner nodded immediately to assure that he is willing for his dog to be tested.

Minho gave him a small smile before going out to get what he need to test the puppy. Well, based on his observation he is 100 percent sure that the dog have distemper and the test is just for formality so the owner would be convinced and also to know the accuracy of his assumption.

Minho went back then asked Yeonjun the temperature of the dog before proceeding to the necessaries. It's just a few minutes wait before the test is over so when the test kit show the result Minho looked at the owner and explained it to him.