Scar And Impulse - Don't Leave Me

(Sorry this took so long. I was paying my YT channel all I am as of late.. Sorry if you think this is a bit short.. I just have found some time between my job and my yt channel and taking care of a pair of needy grandparents but hopefully, with the pandemic, my job will close down if we go into the grey (BAD) zone, so I may have more time to write. I wrote this on the fly on my breaks over the whole week last week and am just getting to eddit and publish this now. Hope you like a needy Impulse... 0W0)

Scar was hanging out in his tree house with his legs dangling over the edge. He sighed. The sky was dark and a chill went through the air.

He wondered if it was rain coming later. 'That would be bad.' Just as he thought that today couldn't get any worse, it starting raining. "Are you kidding me right now?" He said, looking up at the sky, making no move to get up. 'I may as well go to the shopping district and look around.'

By the time he got there, he was drenched. He sighed again as he heard thunder. "Great. Just great. Maybe I could duck into a store for a few hours." He said.

But before he could touch the door to Grian's Barge, he heard a crackle overhead and a scream. The next moment, impulse fell out of the sky, his elytra completely fried. He landed on the other side of the Barge in the water. Scar rushed over and jumped in and grabbed him. He put him into land onto his back. He checked his breathing; normal. He would be OK.

He carried impulse into the Barge and called Grian.

He answered in the second ring. "Hey, Scar. What's up? Why are you calling me at 2AM?" The blond asked.

"Elytra emergency. Do you think we could stay in the Barge until the thunderstorm ends?" I asked.

"We who?" "Impulse and I," I told him. "I don't have a spare elytra in the Barge, but I can bring one. I'll be over in a few moments." I nodded even though he could see it. "Just walk please? I don't want a repeat of what happened to Impulse." "OK..?" He replied. "I'll tell you when you get here."

He hummed. "Thanks G-Man." He hung up. Just then, I heard impulse groan. He opened his eyes and looked over at me. "Did you save me, Scar?" He asked me. I nodded. "Wait, we're in the Barge?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Isn't that where you were heading at 2AM?" I asked. He shook his head. "No. I was heading to Mumbo's base. We were going to do something with the sewers under Keralis's city. I needed to link my base up to Grian's."

Just like clockwork, Grian flew through the open door in front of them like he was waiting for his cue.

"I got the elytra. Now what happened?" He asked. "I was heading to Mumbo's base to wake him up for the sewers, but i was lit by lightning and I crash landed into the lake behind the Barge. Scar saved me." Impulse replied, sitting up. "My head is killing me."

"I was walking around the shopping district randomly. And I was going to see if I could hide from the thunder in your Barge, and I heard Impulse scream. I saw him fall and I knew no one was out so I ran to him." I replied.

"Thanks again for saving me, Scar. And thanks for the elytra." He said.

"I'm going to get home. I don't feel like getting stuck outside in this weather. I took the nether here. But I'm not going to kick you two out. Feel free to stay here until morning if you want. I'll check up on you at 7." Grian said as he walked out and ran to the portal across the street.

I got up too. "I should get home too. Jellie hates lightning." I got up and started walking away when I felt Impulse grab my coat sleeve. "Stay? Please?" I turned to him. "I don't want to be alone." I nodded and sat back down behind him, with my legs on either side of him.

And that is how the other boys of the HermitCraft server found us the next morning with my arms around his waist and my head resting on the top of his head, our hair matted and tangly from the rain and our clothes, still soaked.