Welsknight AU - Dragonkin

The shopping district was covered in ice and snow. It was only September, and you could still feel the heat from summer in the air, but the dragon didn't care. He kept freezing the landscape and anyone who dared get close to him.

The dragon was scared, and so were the hermits who stood in a semi-circle around it, holding their swords, bows and tridents at it, trapping it against the mountainside. It was cowering and shaking but it tried to seem like it was brave.

It was quiet. Suddenly, one hermit stepped forward with an air of confidence and calmness about him that just screamed power.

"X! What are you doing?" Tango. "Are you crazy? Or stupid?" False. "Get over here and don't move!" Doc. Cub and Keralis grabbed his arm, but Xisuma just shook them off. "Be calm." He said and held up his hands in surrender. "I don't know if you can understand me," X began, "but no one will hurt you if you don't hurt us." He heard Doc and Cub both scoff, but X never took his eyes away from the dragon's eyes.

Instead of making any form of acknowledgment that it even understood, his tail lashed out and grabbed X by the neck. X could hear everyone gasping behind him and a couple shoot off their bows before Bdubs broke the silence. "Don't shoot! Don't shoot! You could hit X!" Doc turned to him. "If you haven't noticed, X is being choked to death. I'm not sitting here doing nothing!"

"HEY!" Everyone turned. "Impulse do not come over here! You're going to get hurt!" Tango yelled. "No! Don't hurt him!" Zedaph rolled his eyes. "The dragon won't listen to reason, you know!" Impulse just pushed Tango into Doc and they fell to the ground.

"Impulse please! I can't loose you! Permadeath was accidentally turned on!" Tango yelled.

"HEY!" The dragon looked at him. "YOU ARE A MONSTER! DROP. HIM. NOW." Impulse's voice got through to him and it relaxed as X fell to the ground. Keralis and Bdubs there in a second. The dragon's tail curled around its body.

"Now," said impulse holding a crossbow aimed at his heart. "SHIFT!" The dragon let out a ear splitting screech and started glowing and getting smaller, falling from the sky. Impulse caught him but fell to the ground, a person now laid on top of him completely in hysterics.

The hermits crowded around them.

"Wels?!" Beef said. "What happened to the dragon?" Asked Jevin. "Wels was the dragon. And blood bonds are an actual thing." Impulse said.

"Oh no. This isn't good. We need to cleanse both of you of that bond. The dragon will keep chipping away at your soul, Impulse." Replied Xisuma. "No." He said firmly. "I did the bond because Wels was dying he would have died permanently if I didn't. Besides I love him." The brunette said as he looked the admin in his eyes. There didn't seem to be any bad intent in his eyes. X could see the love the two had for each other.

"Please. Don't send me away," Wels sobbed out clinging to Impulses sleeve and burying his face into his neck. His whole body was shaking. "Don't hurt him. He has no control when he is a dragon. He doesn't even know what happens while he is one." X sighed as Doc held up his trident again. "Weapons down!" He hissed out to the others around him. "Let me think." Xisuma started pacing around.

"What if we- no. How about- hm.. they are going to kill me.. I'm dead." He turned to the hermits who stared at him, then at the two on the ground.

"I can let you stay here, but it does come with risks. The watchers. They might find out and I-" "I can make sure they don't." Piped up a British accent behind Iskall and Mumbo.

The two moved to see Grian. "Go back to your base! This is not a place or time for children."  Grian glared at Cub.

* I ᓵᔑリ ᒲᔑꖌᒷ ᓭ⚍∷ᒷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣  ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ∴ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ᒷ∷ᓭ ⎓╎リ↸ ℸ ̣ ⍑╎ᓭ ᓭᒷ∷⍊ᒷ∷ ᔑリ↸ ℸ ̣ ᔑꖌᒷ ||𝙹⚍ ╎リℸ ̣ 𝙹 ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ⍊𝙹╎↸ ∴⍑ᒷ∷ᒷ ╎ℸ ̣  ∴╎ꖎꖎ ℸ ̣ ᒷᔑ∷ ||𝙹⚍ ꖎ╎ᒲʖ ⎓∷𝙹ᒲ ꖎ╎ᒲʖ ᔑリ↸ ↸╎ᓭ╎リℸ ̣ ᒷ⊣∷ᔑℸ ̣ ᒷᓭ ||𝙹⚍∷ 𝙹∷⊣ᔑリᓭ!

Everyone was confused, but not Xisuma. He gasped. "Are- are you Hermitcraft's watcher?" X said in a shaky voice. The blond nodded.  "We aren't supposed to tell you we are."

Scar raised his hand like he was at school. "What did you say to Cub? And what language is it?"

Grian sighed. "It's Galactic. And I said, *I can make sure that the watchers find this server and take you into the void where it will tear you limb from limb and disintegrates your organs!"*

Xisuma shivered. "Be careful Cub. You don't want to be in the Void. It hurts a lot! I have been there too for having a watcher for a boyfriend and for speaking out of line. I'm scared to even think of it. I wouldn't even dare send HelsKnight or Evil X there."

Cub raised his eyebrow but was going to say something when Wels sniffled again.