Xisuma X Wels - Saving Grace

(Will I ever get sick of this ship? No. Probably not. It's so cute. Fight me!)

+

I always known I was ugly. I didn't have anyone to tell me otherwise. My parents always believed it. My brother ignored the fact I was hurting.

I sighed, remembering the past. I hated it. I looked up into the cloudless sky, the bright sun burning my eyes.

I was extremely self conscious of myself up to the point I wore baggy clothes all day everyday. Even in the blistering heat. I covered up as much skin as possible. My face was no different.

I always got asked why I wore a helmet every moment of every day, and I always replied with; "it helps me breath in the over world or Nether since the Nether air is thick and the Void's is extremely thin."

I sighed again. Not quite a lie. I did need it to breathe, but I could still breath for short periods of time in the over world.

I brought my hands up and I clipped the helmet from the back; the latches were at the nape of my neck; when I heard rockets.

Panicked, I kept my helmet on, but in my panic, I forgot to latch them again.

A silver-clad knight gracefully landed in front of me and waved. I sighed, not wanting to annoy him with my presence.

I waved and he bowed. "Well, hello Xisuma. How are you today?" He asked me. "Uhh, good? What did you need?" He shook his head and turned around. "Oh nothing actually." I was confused.

"Then why are you here?" Wels turned back to face me. "Well, in all honesty, I have no more elytra durability, so I was landing before I take a nasty fall. Do you have a spare elytra? I'll give it back later? I do kind of need to meet up with Keralis and Beef and I'm running late because of Jev."

Blink. Blink. Blink. Blink. Blink.

I nodded and turned back to go into my base. Ah. I see. He was meeting up with Keralis. It wasn't as though I was jealous of Keralis. I was envious at Jevin for being perfect for Wels, when I love him.

No way he would care though.

I went back out to a sight to see. Wels had taken of the chest piece of his armor, his white tee shirt barely covered his strong arms. And when the breeze swept by him and ruffled his shirt up, I could see his v line trailing down to his- I have to stop obsessing. No way he'd want me.

"Here," I said, holding the spare elytra out, my eyes cast to the ground. "You know, I've always wondered why you cover up your face. I mean, I'm sure your beautiful." I blinked behind the visor. Did he see right through me?

"Sorry. I have to go." I said and donned my elytra and took off, well, tried to take off. Wels jumped on me, knocking me to the grass. My helmet fell off and rolled away from my reach. I couldn't get it when the white haired male was practically straddling my waist.

"C-can you get off me?" I asked. He looked down at me and I put my hands on my face. My heart was going a mile a minute.

He pried my hands off my face and held them above my head with one of his. I know my face was completely red. I tried looking away, but he held my cheek with his other hand.

I was trapped. "Wels?" I asked in a choked whisper.

"Why is it," he started, "that you hide in a helmet and baggy clothing?" He raised his eyebrow. "I know it's not just that you can't breathe. Although I know Void walkers can't breathe in the Nether at all normally. I know it has something to do with it too."

My heart melted. He cares so much. Maybe I should tell him, but what would he say? Would he be disgusted or mad?

"Well, I'm self conscious about how I look. I've had so many people tell me I'm ugly, I just believe it." I shrugged like it was no big deal. Apparently it was to him.

"Don't you ever say you are ugly. I love your eyes, and your hair. I'm a huge sucker for anyone with freckles like you and BDubs."

I was shocked. I don't know how, but my face became even more red when he leaned down so his forehead was almost touching mine.

"God, I love you." That was the last thing I expected from him. I closed the gap and kissed him. And guess what? He actually kissed back.

I could get lost in that kiss, but I heard someone clear their throat behind Wels. We pulled away for air to see Tango with a Grian holding onto his arm.

"Who was molesting who?" Tango asked, laughing. "Ha ha. Very funny." Wels replied. I expected him to push me away, disgusted. But he just kissed me again in front of them.

I've never been more flustered in my whole life.

(Sorry it's so short. I was working on the Grian X BDubs one when I had this good idea. And just needed to write this before I forgot lol.)