Impulse X Tango - wing pains

(Ok. This is one that I read about in a one shot book by WelshKitsune I hope I'm ok with taking this plot from you. I give full credit to you. GO CHECK THE BOOK OUT HE'S AMAZING!!!! P.s it came from your HermitCraft S8 Grian X Mumbo one called "grooming pains" plz don't kill mee :) )

Impulse pov

I lay in my bed at 2am listening to the sound of pitter patters of rain hitting the awning of my house. I would have gotten up, but when I tried to move, I yelled in pain, my whole back flared up in pain.

I realized I forgot to stretch my wings out. I kept them hidden because no one else in HermitCraft has them and I felt like if everyone knew I had them, I would be laughed at.

I mean, that's what I got from my own parents, so why would here ever any different.

I ignored the pain and hauled myself up and tried to unfurl them, but it hurt too much. I sighed. Danggit

A knock on my door brought me back. Double danggit. When I opened it, it was Xisuma. He looked mad. Triple danggit.

"What are you doing over here at this hour?" I asked, hoping my voice wasn't showing my pain.

"Well, I kind of need your help. Well, Wels does anyway. Hels kinda has Tango kidnapped. And Hels, because he's a glitch, he can sense of an admin goes on his turf. Luckily though, they are in the Nether."

"How is that lucky?"  "Because. He has the demon in a pit of lava with obsidian on top. Tango isn't affected by lava. He could live in there for the rest of his life." I cocked my eyebrow.

"I just don't want Hels to think he's won. He has a huge ego as it is." I nodded. "Plus, once I have him, I'm banning him." Xisuma shrugged.

"Can this wait until morning?" I asked. He shook his head and grabbed my arm. He noticed I didn't have my elytra on and so we walked to Zedaph's portal since I didn't have one set up yet.

Once there, we stopped by one of X's farms to get an elytra. I begrudgingly put it on.

*

I looked at the tank that was in MID AIR! Seriously?! I had to fly? With painful wings?

The elytra wouldn't help me much since I had real wings that don't work right now.

I looked in my pockets. I had about two and a half stacks of wood to pile up. So I shrugged at Xisuma and got to work.

"Why are you not flying?" I rolled my eyes. "I highly doubt Tango would have anything on him. If I know Hels, he took everything away. And I'm not strong enough to carry him. He weighs more than me." I replied as I placed block after block.

"If Hels finds out we are here, you are handling him and keeping me away from him. I need to break obsidian with an iron pick." He nodded and stood guard, his bow aimed and ready.

My hero.

Not.

Once I got to the obsidian box, I started hacking away at it.

Of course, Hels just had to show up. My so called 'hero' wasn't ready.

Hels had been hiding behind the box where neither of us could see him. As he broke the block I was standing on, I fell.

I grabbed onto the corner of the box that held my blond demon as X started shooting at Hels as he tried to fly away. X gave chase. I had one hole dug into the obsidian and I knew Tango could hear me.

"T-Tango! Help!" My hand was slipping. I only had one hand hanging on, not able to get a grin with my other hand.

"Impy?" Tango was looking around from the hole.

"Tango. Help. Going to fall." He looked at me and raised his eyebrow. "You have elytra." I shook my head and with the last of my grip, tried to get my other arm up to get a grip.

I fell. "Tango!!" I screamed. I felt someone grab me bridal style and softly float to the ground. Once he puts me down safely, I look up to see Wels. Tango ran up to us followed by X.

"Why didn't you fly?" Asked Tango. I sighed. I knew I couldn't keep this nodded forever. Someone would eventually find out.

"Ok but.." I hesitated. "Please promise me none of you will tell anyone else or treat me any different." I looked at mostly X as I said this. "Also, please don't hurt me."

"Why would we ever do any of that?" Asked Wels. I sighed again and slid my shirt off and slowly turned around.

I heard them gasp. Then silence. Just like my parents. My heart sunk and I felt tears in my eyes. I refused to let them fall.

"I'm an angel hybrid. These are real wings. I didn't tell anyone because I didn't want to be the only one on the entire server to have them." X shook his head.

"No. Not the only one." I turned around to face him. "Grian, Evil X and I have wings too. Grian's are way different from EX and mine though. They are more like yours only a light pastel red instead of white like yours."

"Actually. Jevin did something to me as well." Wels confessed, taking of his armor and tee- shirt to show the beginnings of light purple wings sprouting from his back. "They are extremely sensitive. They hurt if I use my elytra because they are rubbing up to my elytra."

Tango nodded. "You think a demon has no wings either? I mostly just don't use them. They are just like bat wings. I don't feel them so they don't hurt me."

"Maybe Grian has a good way to help the pain, Impulse." Said Wels.

*

"They just need to be stretched." The blond said, looking up at me. "How long didn't you say you have went without using them?"

Maybe about since season 5." I mumbled. But the three still heard me.

"Season 5?!" Grian yelled. "No wonder your in pain. Angel wings need to be groomed and stretched a couple times a month. You may have to ask someone to help you groom them sometimes."

Grian turned away to grab some kind of gel. "Like me. I go to Scar all the time. Mumbo is way too rough and likes to touch them too much where they meet my back. Extremely sensitive. I don't recommend doing that."

"So how is that gel supposed to help?" Asked Wels.

"Because Impulse can't even open his wings, I need to make them freeze. Like a dentist would do if you have a cavity."

He turned back to me. "Don't worry. It's gel. not a needle." He pointed out. I relaxed as much as my wings would allow.

Within a couple of minutes I couldn't feel the pain as Grian moved them.

"I need you three to stand over there by the door. My wings are enormous and from the looks of his, they are way bigger than mine." He said opening his own to show us.

"Wow. Will mine be that big too?" Asked Wels, a scared look on his face.

Grian looked at him. "Jevin. Long story."

"Well, it takes Scar almost a full hour for him to get my wings open once there stiff. The bigger the wings, the shorter time you have got to hide them."

He looked back at Wels as he put his hands carefully on the tips of my wings. "I'll say we got 4 full hours to kill. So go ahead. Explain what Jevon did."

*
(Might do a part 2 with Wels going through the process of wings too? Idk. Kinda like the idea. What do you think of WelsKnight being a cute little winged being? Also, 1346 words not including the notes at the top and here. Like jeez.)