Doc X Bdubs - The Darkness Recedes

BDubs pov

My eyes kept fluttering shut. Not my fault. I was working on blueprints for my medieval style town. I wanted to at least start on my new house instead of this half a mansion.

You see, Doc scammed me out of a mansion back in season 6. I just wanted to share a mansion with him.

Instead, he completely cuts the mansion in half..

Whatever. Not my problem.

I couldn't focus. I needed more light. I looked outside to see darkness pressing in fast. I shook my head and took a deep breath. Just ignore it.

I wish I could sleep. I always have to pretend to sleep because that's how everyone knows me. They know me as the 'Sleep Master,' or, that's what Tango calls me anyway.

I sighed and looked back down, ready to get back to planning when I noticed my lines were all wavy and curvy. "Gosh danggit!" I yelled, crumpling the paper up into a ball.

Sleep deprived, and cranky, I got up and flung open the front door only to stop short. My breath was gone. Every time I'm in the dark, it's like it tries to strangle me. The darkness chokes me u til I'm nothing but a coughing mess.

Movement caught my eye and I looked up to see Doc's bedroom light on and him standing there on the balcony, watching me. I brought up my hand and waved, hoping he wouldn't see the tremble in it.

He must not have because he didn't waver. I was going to go over to see him, but then I remembered. I don't like to be seen scared, upset or sick in front of anyone, let alone him. Besides, I don't think he likes me.

I sighed again as I turned away and headed back inside. I went back to my blueprints. A sudden chill came over me. I was still shaking badly. I shook my head.

Just then, I felt a hand on my shoulder and warmth. I realized that Doc was hugging me. I looked up at him and he looked down at me. We locked eyes for what felt like ever, when in reality, it was only a minute. "Are you ok?" He asked, his voice so quiet, I might not have heard him. I noticed that the whole time we had our eyes locked, he was calming me down. I nodded.

"That's good." He let go and I wished with everything that I could be back in his arms. "Now, come on. Bedtime." I shook my head this time. "I'm not tired. Plus, I have to finish this." He looked it over. "If you want, I can help you with this tomorrow. You need to sleep." I picked up my pencil.

"How long have you gone without sleep?" He asked me. I thought for a moment. When was the last time I slept? "Maybe 6 days." I muttered. Doc then picked me up and carried me to my room. "H-Hey! I can walk you know! I'm not Scar!" He just rolled his eyes at me. "I know you won't. If I leave, you'll just go back to working."

I stopped complaining. That was true.. Besides, I liked being in his arms.

All too soon, he plopped me down on the bed. "Sleep. Now. I'll stay until you fall asleep." He went to go sit in the rocking chair, when I grabbed his hand. When he faced me, I could see a feint blush on his cheeks. I know I do too. "Can you.." I stammered for a moment, "Hold me until tomorrow?" I asked, looking down. I don't think I could handle rejection.

"Sure. Move over."

That was how Keralis, Impulse and Tango found us the next morning, curled up in my bed, our legs tangled together.

Of course, they had to open their big yaps to the entire server! Fuc-

(What's this? Two chapters published today? Jeez. The other one was from the 'journey to find myself, the SMajor story.)