Mumbo And Grian - My Birthday

(I don't know why, but I always make Grian be the secret depressed one. Why?)

Mumbo was at his base trying to fix something that BDubs broke by accident. 'I need to bring Iskall here to help me,' he thought.

Tomorrow was his birthday. He didn't know if anyone would show up. Granted, he was the loner of the server. Everyone thought he was the outcast, the weirdo. The mustached man sighed and dusted off his hands. Yeah. There was no way anyone would care about him enough to show up.

He put on his elytra and flew out of his base in the dark. He had asked Ren to trick out his elytra. Now, it was a pitch black with yellow sparkles. He was in his own head as he flew through the pitch black darkness surrounding him. He almost missed someone screaming.

GRIAN POV

I was flying from Scar's base when I heard a crack and I looked behind me to see my elytra give out on me. Suddenly, I was falling to my death. 'Help Me!' I said in the chat. I managed to catch a branch and hold on for dear life.

'What happened?' Asked Scar. 'What did you do?' Asked Keralis. 'Oh no. Where are you?' Asked Iskall. 'Are you OK? Please talk to us.' BDubs.

'I'm OK, but I don't know where I am. I'm hanging onto a branch and I'm 45 blocks in the air..' I replied. 'No elytra.'

"Help! Someone?" I suddenly heard fireworks. I look up to see Mumbo flying to me. "Grab on G-Man!"

MUMBO POV

'He's OK. I've got him safely.' I said in the chat while I flew back to my base. "Thanks Mumbo." I nodded at him. Our chats were blown up with questions and 'good jobs.' I smiled, happy to be a help around here, even if it was entirely by chance.

"Maybe I should make a new shop where I save people." I joked to no one particular, completely forgetting about the hermit on my back.

"Your birthday is tomorrow right?" He asked and I perked up. "Y-Yes." "Can I come over and cook for you."

I knew how good of a cook he was so I said sure.

We land at my base. "You can stay here tonight and then tomorrow, I'll give you some elytra just in case you needed to get something." I said to him. "My guest bedroom is over here."

Before I could take a step, I heard more fireworks. We turn around to see Iskall holding a cake, BDubs holding some balloons. Keralis, Tango and Scar standing behind them. Ren, Cub and Doc flew through my window and Zed, Xisuma and Impulse stood on my balcony.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUMBO! They yelled and ran over to me.

"I-I" Zed laughed. "We celebrate birthdays, you know," replied Tango. "I didn't think anyone would show up.. I mean, I'm the complete outcast of the sever so I didn't think anyone cared about me. I mean, I'm not special. I'm just worthless."

"Of course we care you doofus." Replied Iskall. "You are amazing." Said Scar. The others agreed with him. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "If you weren't there, I would have died. And I can't pay you back for that." Said Grian softly.

"Actually, you can." I said, feeling brave. "Because I wouldn't have had the courage to say this otherwise, so I'll show you." I said, facing him. I put my hand on his cheek and kissed him. I was just about to pull away when he put his arms around my neck, deepening the kiss.

Once we pulled away, he was breathing heavier but there was a smile on his face. "I love you too, Mumby. We heard a series of 'Aw' and 'Love it' and 'Cute.' From everyone else. Neither of us wanted to leave each other ever again.

(I have a Roll Play next time.... LOL)