Doc X Grian - Love Finds A Way

where Doc is angry at everything and everyone keeps annoying him, and Grian just wants to hang out with his crush and Doc kinda yells at him. Set in S6

When Grian woke up that morning in his blender of a coffee cup, he wondered what he was going to do today. While, yes, there was about a million things to do on his list, including taking Mumbo's mustache away, but that could wait until later.

'Is anyone free today?' He typed in his wrist communicator. He waited until it made a noise. He looked at it; one simple text from BDubs which said 'Doc is very stressed and annoyed at everything. Mind helping him out?' Grian sighed.

It wasn't as if he didn't want to help the creeper hybrid, It's just that they normally were on the opposite sides of everything. Area 77 belonged to Doc, and the countdown for the Hippies haven't started yet.

Besides, Doc kinda scares him. But he decided to put that all away for now, grabbing his rockets and his elytra and heading to Area 77, where he thought the hybrid would be. He was right. He was on the small airstrip leading to one of the plane hangars. As the blond got closer, he could hear Doc and Cub arguing over something.

Grian rolled his eyes and smiled, doing one of his signature bomb dives on top of Cub who was unsuspecting of Grian's sky sneak attack

He yelled, successfully getting their attention. Only to face plant in front of them, dying in the process.

Within a few moments, a message was sent to both Cub and Doc saying one word. Without hesitation, they both joined discord. "You scared the hell out of me!" Said Cub. "Why did you do that? Why were you on 77 turf, Hippie?"

Grian laughed. "Because I wanted to talk to Doc and you two should know me by now. I interrupt talking Hermits when I need them! Also, he didn't answer my message earlier asking where he was."

Cub laughed along with the blond. "Yeah. That is true." He turned to Doc, waving. "I'll see you later." He took off into the sky and left, flying over the Hippie Commune. "OK, you successfully got me alone. Now, what do you want, Hippie?"

Grian shrunk back at the tone of his voice. "I just wanted to help you with whatever you were doing. I can see that you're stressed." Doc rolled his eyes, turning around. "I don't need help from a useless nobody!" He said, walking away. Grian followed, not ready to give up yet.

"I know you're following me. Go away!" Doc slammed the hanger door on the blond's nose. Grian leaned his forehead on the heavy iron door. That was, until he heard fireworks. He didn't look up when a hand was placed gently on his shoulder.

"Are you OK, G-Man?" Grian opened his eyes at that voice. Scar.

"What are you doing here?" He asked more quietly. "Am I really useless? A nobody?" Behind him, Scar frowned. "No way. Who told you that?" The blond just pointed to the iron door. "Doc?" A nod.

It was quiet for a few moments, then the brunette piped up. "You want me to go talk to him?" Grian nodded. "You may as well get it over with. Tell him what I always wanted to." Scar cocked his eyebrow. He nodded and moved over to the lock panel they installed and punched in the combination and the door opened. "Stay here." Grian nodded and sat outside with his back to the wall.

Twenty minutes go by and the door finally opens again revealing Doc. He looked to the left, then the right and seeing Grain with his knees pulled up to his chest, his wings wrapped tightly around him.

"Oh, Grian. I didn't know how you felt about me. "I honestly felt the same. Could have told me sooner, you idgit." Grian looked up as Doc smiled and held out his hand. Grian took it. Doc hoisted him up and wrapped him in a hug. Grian opened his eyes to see Scar standing behind the brunette, smiling as he waved. 'Thank you.' Grian mouthed and Scar nodded and took off.

The two parted and Doc smiled at him. "No kiss until the first date though, sorry." Grian laughed a little at that, Doc laughing along with him.