Grian X Mumbo - Useless

WARNINGS: VERY UPSETTING TO SOME! IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO SUICIDE, THEN YOU WILL NOT WANT TO READ!! GO AHEAD AND SKIP.

~

All the hermits waited patiently with bated breath. The Mayoral Campaign had just come to a close and were waiting on Grian to tally up the points each person got.

False, Joe, Stress, Doc, Scar and Mumbo were standing in front of their respective poles. Although, only three of them had a Campaign manager. Scar had BDubs, Stress had Iskall and Mumbo had Grian. Just then, Grian turned to everyone and cleared his throat.

Scar was declared the winner, but he didn't feel like much of a winner after seeing the look on Grian's face.

GRIAN

I flew away from the Shopping District. I failed Mumbo. Sometimes, I hate the thoughts in my head. They tell me I'm useless, they tell me to be perfect. But I can't be. As I fly over the mansion, I see every single mistake I made when building it. For once, I don't want to finish it. I just don't want to work on it anymore. I decide to leave and live in a small caravan like at the hippie commune. I smiled a bit.

I found myself a nice mountain and valley right next to it and got to work, having only a few resources. I also decided to put away my good tools in a chest and hang up my elytra. I wouldn't need it for a long time. The sun was already starting to set and I set up a tent for now. It wasn't very big or spacious and I had to crawl on my hands and knees to get in, but that was fine.

I awoke to a weird sound. I carefully looked out of the tent to see all the Hermits near my tent. They were all looking at it staying twenty blocks away. Until Tango pushed Mumbo and Iskall over to me.

"Grian?" Iskall asked quietly. I nodded. "Why are you all the way out here?" He asked. I sighed. "Why did you all come looking for me? I'm just useless."

This time, Scar walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder. "Why would you ever think that? You are amazing Grian." I shook my head. Tango spoke up next. "Why do you think that?"

I was quiet for a few moments. "I failed Mumbo like I do everyone else. Mumbo is the only one I don't want to fail for." I replied, wiping my eyes.

"Oh, Grian," said Impulse as he and BDubs stepped forward now. "I know how you feel. Really, I do." Replied BDubs. "That's how I feel with Keralis. But you simply have to make a noise when you have these thoughts."

I was confused. "Like how?" "Well, I just whistle to myself a happy little tune, but you can do something else too." I nodded at him.

"Come on. Come back to HermitCraft." Even Xisuma was here. I nodded as Mumbo held out his hand. He smiled at me. "I'll help you with your mansion to get it done." I smiled back. "Thanks, Mumby."