ImpulseSV AU - Angelkin

I was running through the hallways with my phone in my hand and my compass in the other. A ravager was hot on my heels.

The hallway suddenly went to the left. I crashed into the wall, hesitated for only a moment before pushing off the wall and running for my life again.

When I entered the castle keep area, I heard a click and the door start shutting in front of me. I started running even harder, knowing if that door shut with me on the wrong side, I would be dead. I slid through the doorway just as it shut. I thought I was safe until the immense pain shot up my back. I tried to turn around, thinking the ravager had gotten a swipe on me.

But I didn't move. My wings were stuck in the door. If I yanked, it hurt. Badly. My hands shot to my pockets. Nothing.

I felt fear crawl through me. No phone.

I was stuck there until someone wanted to play Decked Out again or if Tango himself came to re-stock the compasses.

I could be here for awhile. I was safe where I was, but if another ravager saw me from this side of the door, I was royally screwed.

The worst part? I had extreme claustrophobia. But I knew what to do. Grian had always had claustrophobia too and he would tell me to close my eyes, think of myself laying in the grass in a field of flowers or laying on a lounge chair on a beach, and to take a big deep breath and to recognize certain things around me.

I couldn't focus on that as my eyesight was turning black. I could hear someone screaming, in the back of my head, I knew it was me who was screaming.

And I was screaming a name I knew really well.

Tango's.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
TANGOTEK

Cub and Jevin kept asking me if I would re-stock the compasses for Decked Out. So, with my shulker box under my arm and Bdubs by my side, I got in behind the inner workings of the game to re-stock.

We saw Doc, Scar and Xisuma camping the button.

But when we walked through the door, we could hear someone screaming for help. We both had thought that someone was screaming because they were being chased by a ravager, but when they didn't stop, Bdubs turned to me.

"I recognize that panicked screaming from when I witness Grian having a panic attack." I raised my eyebrow. "That doesn't sound like Grian. It sounds more like Wels when he's in pain." "Or trying to get away from Jevin and Python." BDubs muttered, but I was too busy trying to shut the game off to help them to care.

When we got into the game, I spoke up. "It sounds like Zedaph now, what the crap?" I said. BDubs rushed ahead of me as I needed to close up and lock the entrance so that no one else could get into the game while it was off.

I suddenly hear I yell from where the castle keep was. "Tango! It's Impulse! He's stuck in the door!"

"Scud." I muttered and ran, the ravager a didn't care about me. Probably because they were all too focused on Impulse to care.

When I had reached them, I pried the door open and the brunette fell to into BDubs's arms.

"How long have you been stuck like this?" I asked. While Impulse was trying to form a sentence, I looked him over. He looked tired and drained, like all the energy was sapped away and his cheeks had tear stains on them. I held Impulse. "It's ok, Impy. Deep breaths, deep breaths."

"Imagine you are laying on a beach." BDubs said. He nodded and closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Now, give me five things you can see around you." BDubs said soothingly. "I see palm trees, the sand, the ocean, other people and the blue sky." BDubs nodded. "How about four things you can hear?" He asked, slowly rubbing circles on Impulse's back. "The waves crashing against the sand, the palm trees, the birds in the trees and Ren playing a guitar." Another nod from BDubs as I get down on one knee. "How about three things you can feel? Almost done." Impulse nodded, his breathing had slowed down quite a bit. "I feel my hand in the sand, the warm breeze in my hair and Tango's hand on my arm." I raised my eyebrow at that one. "Two things you can taste?" "My drink sitting next to me and the salt from the ocean." BDubs smiled at looked over at me. "And lastly, one thing you can smell?" He asked, his hand stopping on his back. "I can smell someone smoking burgers."

'Pick him up,' BDubs mouthed at me. I slowly picked him up and walked to the exit, Bdubs trying to get attention of the ravager a to lead them elsewhere.

Once the three of us had walked out, X, Doc and Scar had stopped being AFK at the button.

"Is he ok?" Doc whispered when he saw Impy almost passed out in my arms. I nodded. "He'll be fine. I'm taking him home to rest. BDubs, I didn't re-stock the compasses yet. Could you do that for me? I would give you a free run." I whispered that last part in his ears. He nodded. "Thanks Dubs."