Doc X Bdubs X Ren - Waltz

BDubs doesn't know how to dance. He feels left out when on Valentine's Day, Doc and Ren are dancing at Grian's festival at the boatem gigabase. Ren notices and he and doc teach him.

(I know it's not Valentines Day, but just pretend it is and I published this on the correct day..) Also, VERY SAD! You have been warned!

The party at Boatem was in full swing. Some hermits such as Biffa, Cub, Iskall, False and Mumbo were drunk and bouncing around. Others like Wels and X and the ZITG foursome were curled up on blankets. Some like myself, Scar and Keralis were watching their lovers dance. But for me, I was watching the two people I love most dance a waltz with each other.

Ren, Doc and I were boyfriends, but it felt one sided. Even when we were laying in bed together, Ren always liked being the middle. He would always face Doc and the guy would put his arms around the wolf. Me? I was always left in the dust.

Maybe I was just garbage that neither wanted to clean up. I sighed. I loved them with all my heart, and I even thought about breaking up with them. Would they even notice if I stopped sleeping with them? I tried not to cry.

*

I needed to talk to someone. Maybe, Cub? No. I'm not close enough to him. Scar? Grian? No. They won't take me seriously. What about X or Keralis? I hesitated on X's contact. He probably wouldn't even answer.

I clicked on Keralis's contact and waited for him to pick up.

Once I heard the telltale click, I blurted out the first thing o thought of. "Ren and Doc don't love me!" Silence. Then, "I'll be right over," the line went dead. I felt a bit calmer hearing Keralis's polish accent.

*

A few moments later, Keralis was at my door, dragging a still sleepy 'Suma. "I was practically dragged by my hair over here, why?" He asked. "Because Bubbles is having romance problems."

X snorted. "And you think me, a guy with no love life who, by the way, is aromantic, could ever help with this?" X sighed and collapsed on my bed. "Just let me go back to sleep, will ya?"

Keralis and I both rolled our eyes at our sleepy admin.

"Well, maybe you just need to show them how you feel for them and tell them how you feel." X replied, his face full of blankets. Some of his words made sense. Others sounded like a jumbled mess.

"Thanks X. Real help."

*

At the next party, this time, at Beef's Place, I walked up to the two, who were just chatting with what I hoped was confidence. In reality, I felt like crawling under a rock and living there, forevermore.

"Hey, uhm. I-" Ren cut me off. "Oh, hey, Bubbles. How are you?" My heart still fluttered at the nickname. Did they even notice I unintentionally had a sleepover with Keralis and X last night?

"Not much. Could we maybe go somewhere more quiet? I have to talk to you two." The two nodded and followed me out into the terrace. I looked around. Scar made it look so beautiful for this party.

"So what's up?" Asked Doc as he leaned against the railing. "I wanted to ask you both something. It has something to do with our relationship." That got them to look at me. "Do you want to break up?" I asked.

Ren was confused. "Now, why would we ever want to that, baby? We love you so much." I hummed. "I just feel like neither of you want me. It feels like I'm just a piece of trash that neither of you want. It's stupid. Nonsense. That's all." I turned to the railing and jumped up to sit on it, my back facing them.

I didn't want to see their faces. I was hugged from behind. "We saw you watching us with a heartbroken look last night as Ren and I danced. If you wanted to join, you could have just came over to us, you know."

I shook my head. "And made a big fool of myself? Nah. Don't want to be laughed at even more. I get laughed at because I'm shorter then both of you." Ren raised his eyebrow. "And also cause' I can't dance." I muttered out the last bit, but they both heard me.

"Aww. It's ok. We can teach you." I turned to face them. A hand was thrust in my face. "Will you have this dance?" Doc said in a posh accent. I smiled.

"Sure. Just please don't laugh at me or yell at me cause I stepped on your expensive Italian leather shoes." Doc and Ren both laughed at that, pulling me to their bodies as I was taught how to dance a waltz with my body in between theirs.