Chapter 5 | Training

*second person p.o.v.*

After dodging traps and getting flung by them, you and Tanjiro and finally made it back down from the mountain and to the house. You opened the door whilst panting, trying to stand as you also supported Tanjiro's weight. "We... have returned." You breathed. You leaned on the doorframe as your body gave in. You felt Tanjiro go limp as he passed out on you.

Smiling down at your little brother, you picked him up and layed him down on the floor, taking off his haori and tending to his wounds. "I believe you are the eldest sibling, right?" Urokodaki asked. "Yes, i am their older sister." You confirmed. He hummed in response. "Well..... Y/n Kamado and Tanjiro Kamado.... i accept you as my students." He said. "Thank you. I'm honored." You smiled.

*timeskip*

"I'm a mentor. I teach people in swordsmanship. There are as many mentors as there is stars in the sky, and each of them teaches their disciples in their own respective place and style. To join the demon slayers, you must survive the final selection process held on Mt. Fujikasane. Whether or not you may participate in the final selection is up to me." You remember Urokodaki say.

Everyday, you and Tanjiro had to descend the mountain and avoid the traps. It was how you trained. However, the traps get more and more extreme. By now, you were convinced he was trying to kill you two. As for Nezuko, she slept every single day you and Tanjiro trained, which worried you. 

Anyway, you and Tanjiro soon trained with swords, swinging them until your arms felt like they were about to fall off. You had to run down the mountain with the sword too. It was a pain, because you got caught in traps more than usual. 

Each day you learned something new. How to break your fall and get up no matter the situation, how to wield a katana, how to cut through things, breathing techniques, new stances, etc. You and Tanjiro had learned the ten water breathing forms, after days of hitting and breathing.

By then, it had been 6 months since Nezuko had entered her deep slumber. A doctor was summoned and was asked to examine Nezuko, but there seemed to be nothing wrong with her. And soon, a year had passed. One day, Urokodaki had said these words exactly: "i have nothing more to teach you." After that, he led you two to somewhere. 

There laid two giant boulders. He said that if you both could slice those two boulders, he would allow you to go to the final selection. He walked away after that. Without a word, without a sound, nothing. And that's when he stopped training the both of you. You tried slicing through the boulders, but nothing worked.

Everyday after that, you and Tanjiro had went over what Urokodaki had taught you. After 6 months of doing that, you still couldn't slice the boulder. Your hands became rough, and wounds started to form. 

So you wrapped bandages around your hands to prevent it from getting in your way. Until one day, out of anger and frustration, you slashed your sword down and split it in half. You and Tanjiro had celebrated that day with Urokodaki, but Tanjiro still hadn't sliced through his boulder yet.