Chapter 21 | Threads

*second person p.o.v.*

"We'll be heading out now. Thank you so much for everything." You bowed, as did Tanjiro. "Now then, for good luck." The woman took out coal. "Thank you so much." Tanjiro thanked, turning around. Everyone was turned around, except Inosuke. As the woman began doing her thing, Inosuke took it the wrong way and raised his fist. 

"What do you think you're doing, old hag?!" Tanjiro had to hold Inosuke back while Zenitsu spread out his arms protectively in front of the old lady. "What are you, a moron?! She's striking sparks for good luck! It's a purification ceremony because we're going on a dangerous mission!" Zenitsu explained.

After everything calmed down, the old lady continued from where she left off. "Always live your lives with great pride. I wish you luck in battle!" You all bowed your heads, except for Inosuke. With that, everyone began the journey to the next mission. 

You and Tanjiro ran side-by-side, ahead of the others. As the three boys conversed, you ran ahead of the group. Soon Tanjiro joined you and Inosuke tried catching up. You chuckled and continued to run. While running to Mt. Natagumo, the sun slowly set and night came.

"Hold up! Could you just wait for just a second?" You all stopped and looked over at Zenitsu. "Zenitsu? What's wrong?" Tanjiro asked. "I'm scared! Now that we're nearing our destination, i'm quaking in my boots!" Zenitsu cried whilst hugging his knees to his chest. 

"Why the hell is his ass on the ground? How creepy is that?" Inosuke questioned nonchalantly. "Who are you to talk, pig face? Don't tell me you're not getting weird vibes from that mountain!" Zenitsu yelled, pointing a finger at the mountain. The three of you turned around and looked at the mountain.

You all turned back around. "Still, what good would it do to just sit here?" You asked. "I told you, he's creepy." Inosuke said. "I am anything but creepy! You guys are the abnormal ones! Except you, Y/n, because you're really cute, but that's not the point!" Zenitsu still pointed a finger at you three. 

That's when you suddenly smelt something coming from the mountain. You turned around, Tanjiro following your actions a few seconds later. "What? What's wrong?" Zenitsu asked. "You smell it?" You asked. "Yeah... but i don't know what it is." Tanjiro replied. You and Tanjiro ran forward without another word.

"Y/n! Tanjiro!" Zenitsu shouted. Inosuke then also followed, leaving Zenitsu all alone. Running up the hill, you found a body laying there. "H-help me....." He choked out. Zenitsu ran and caught up to you three. 

"He's got out uniform on! He's a demon slayer! Something must've happened!" Tanjiro said. You all started running again. "Hold up!" Zenitsu cried. 

"Are you all right? What happened?" You asked the man. He was suddenly pulled back into the forest. "They were attached to me, too! Help me!" He shouted, before he disappeared into the forest. The smell you smelt earlier wafted past you and sent a shiver down your spine.

"I'm going." You announced. "I'll come with you." Tanjiro smiled. Inosuke grabbed your shoulders and moved you aside, stretching his hands. 

"I'll go on ahead. You can follow me, shivering in your boots. This is making me hungry." Inosuke took out both his swords. "Inosuke..." Tanjiro said.