Chapter 53 | On The Surface

*second person p.o.v.*

You were the first one to awaken. Giyuu and Tanjiro were still passed out.

First, you grabbed Tanjiro and bandaged the places wherever you smelt blood coming from, and laid him down on his back to rest.

By the time you were about to help Giyuu, he woke up as well. "Y/n.. are you alright?" His voice was hoarse and rough.

He was badly injured, and this was only the beginning of the battle

"Don't worry about me. Come, let me bandage you up." Giyuu reluctantly took his haori and the top part of his uniform off.

Using a small towel you stuffed in your pocket before the whole battle began, you applied pressure to his wounds, but the bleeding hadn't stopped.

"It won't stop bleeding..." You muttered, brows furrowing.

"I'll start a fire and burn the wound shut. Check your own cuts to see if they're still bleeding, but if not, just bandage them and stay alert for enemy attacks." You nodded and took off your own haori and uniform, bandaging your wounds.

"I need help with my back." You said to Giyuu, who was facing the other direction to give you privacy.

"Alright. Come here." Giyuu let his chipped sword rest in the fire and took the bandages you gave him, slowly but gently wrapping your back.

"It looks like i'll need to burn a few of the cuts. Stay still." Giyuu reached for his sword and put the burning metal onto the cuts and gashes on your back.

You winced in pain, and Giyuu quickly pulled his sword back. "All done." He murmured, pulling the bandage over the wound.

It didn't take long for Tanjiro to wake up either. He and Giyuu spoke while you sat nearby, hand on your sword as you focused on breathing.

"Caawww! Shinobu! Kanao! Inosuke! Three people have destroyed upper moon two! Destroyed!" Sanzo landed in front of you, and Tanjiro came up next to you.

"Are Inosuke and Kanao okay?" Tanjiro queried, a look of concern on his face.

"Kindaa!" The crow squawked. You nodded, a sense of comfort and relief washing over you. You were happy Shinobu's efforts paid off. That meant that her death wouldn't be for nothing.

"A letter! A letter! Y/n and Tanjiro Kamado, a letter from Senjuro Rengoku has arrived!" Tanjiro's crow flew down and landed beside yours.

Taking the letter tied around its foot, Tanjiro opened the letter and began to read as you were still guarding.

"Hey.. i'm busy. You mustn't bother me." You gazed down at Tanjiro's crow who was repeatedly digging his beak into your knee.

With just one demanding look, it stopped. "Let's get moving." You stood, waiting until Giyuu and Tanjiro followed.

"But the letter..." Tanjiro said. "I'll read it when i get the chance. Right now, we have to go find Lady Tamayo and Muzan." Tanjiro's eyes softened and a slight frown formed on his lips.

"Okay. But please... remember to take care of yourself too." He pulled you down for a hug and hugged you tightly.

"I... of course, Tanjiro." You sighed, patting his back as you pulled away. "Let's go." Giyuu nodded at you, and the three of you were off once again.

After a while of running, did your crow fly closer with a message that made you tremble in sadness.

You had now learnt to dread the moment a crow flew down with an update about the other demon slayers.