Chapter 38 | Time With You Was Great While It Lasted

*second person p.o.v.*

As Kyojuro continued to battle Akaza, you continued to use total concentration, constant to help your wound. "Rengoku..... no way....." You heard Tanjiro mutter in disbelief.

"What.... what's going on?" You asked. "Rengoku.... something happened." Tanjiro replied.

A sudden burst of heat came from your left. "I... i will fulfill my duty! I will not allow anyone here to die!" Kyojuro declared.

That was all you were able to hear, the rest of the conversation between Akaza and Kyojuro unknown to you.

You turned your head to the side, seeing Kyojuro jump forward and Akaza do the same. A flame dragon following Kyojuro as he ran forward.

Debris and dirt made your way, so you used your hand to block all dust and dirt. "Rengoku!" Tanjiro shouted.

"I'm Kyojuro Rengoku!" Kyojuro shouted. You could barely see anything, as they were covered in a flame tornado.

Once everything cleared, the sight you saw made you gasp and cover your mouth.

Kyojuro was frozen with Akaza's arm pierced right through him. Blood came out of Kyojuro's mouth, and a cry came out of Tanjiro's.

"You'll die! This will kill you, Kyojuro! Become a demon! Say that you'll become a demon! You are... strong and one of the chosen ones!" Akaza yelled.

Kyojuro grunted and used his sword to try and cut through Akaza's neck, yelling while doing so. Akaza tried punching Kyojuro, but Kyojuro used his other hand to hold it in place.

And soon enough, the sun was slowly rising. Akaza struggled to get out of Kyojuro's grip, but Kyojuro held on tighter.

You heard Tanjiro get up and run to get his sword while holding his side. "Inosuke, move your body! For Rengoku's sake!" Tanjiro yelled. They both ran past you.

"Tanjiro-" You coughed into your hand, finding it slightly hard to breathe. "Stay put!" Tanjiro shouted back to you.

As Inosuke jumped, Akaza ripped off his own arms from Kyojuro, breaking off his sword that was still plunged into his neck.

As Kyojuro slowly fell, you disappeared and reappeared in front of him, catching his heavy body on yours, wincing as the sword in your stomach shifted slightly. You gently held his sides, being careful to not hurt him.

"Y-Y/n...." He coughed. "Don't speak for now." Kyojuro only gazed at your panicked expression. "I'm sorry... I was supposed to kill that bastard for what he did to you." He whispered.

You shook your head and looked at him, making eye contact. Kyojuro sent a small smile your way, making your eyes tear up. "It's okay. Everything's gonna be okay." You whispered, your voice cracking.

"You know what's going to happen next, Y/n. We both do." He rested his face on your shoulder, sighing out deeply and snuggling into your neck.

His nose pressed against your skin, and his eyes closed. He could fall asleep in your embrace, and he could feel all of the pain in his body subside with you being near.

You rested your forehead on his shoulder, suddenly feeling tired. "I just don't want to believe it." You said.

"Neither do i." He replied simply. You started to softly cry, shoulders shaking. "I'm sorry." He repeated.

"It's my fault you're hurt. I risked your life. If only i'd thought smarter, i would be the only one injured. Not you. I was being selfish." You shook your head.