Chapter 58 | The Aftermath

A/n: Here, let me just give u all the last chapters. I got excited and finished editing the last chaps, enjoy 😉.

*second person p.o.v.*

It took you over three months to wake up. The wounds left from the battle had almost lead you to death, but luckily, due to Giyuu noticing quickly, you were saved in time.

A second longer and you would've been dead for a while now.

While you were asleep, Nezuko stayed with you and Tanjiro, taking care of you two until you both woke up.

"You're awake." Sanemi's voice was quiet and soft as he watched as you slowly sat up.

"How... how is Tanjiro? And what about Nezuko and the others?" You immediately asked.

"You're worrying about others as soon as you wake up? You died for two minutes after the fight, you know. I... I was shocked to hear what happened when I woke up. I heard from Nezuko that she watched three doctors take care of you for a month because of how critical it was. I'm surprised you're concerned for everyone else, rather than yourself." Sanemi sighed and then slightly smiled.

"Well, actually, that's kind of expected. He's alive, just so you know. And your sister is a human again." You sighed, leaning against the frame of the bed.

"What about Giyuu and the others?" You asked.

"Giyuu is fine. But Kanroji, Himejima, and Iguro didn't make it. Your sister and other friends are alright, though." Your heart dropped when hearing him list the names of your comrades.

"Don't worry. They're resting now. They fought hard and deserve to sleep in peace." Silence had overtaken the room as he watched you zone out in contemplation.

"So, you can't see anything now, huh?" Sanemi queried, breaking the silence. You broke out of your little trance and nodded.

"My left eye is completely blind, and my right eye can barely see any colours unless it's really close." You explained, running your finger tips over the delicate skin that covered your eyes.

"If you're wondering if there's scars on your eyes, there aren't any. You look the same as you did before." You slowly nodded.

"How long have you been here, Shinazugawa?" You asked.

"Just a couple hours. I come by every day. I was a little worried after seeing you perform your breathing technique on Muzan when he was in that hideous baby form of his." You could hear him visibly shudder, making you giggle.

"I appreciate your company. Did you only come here to talk about that?" You asked.

"No... I come here to check up on you, but I also come here to enjoy the peace and quiet. And your presence, of course." He softly chuckled and you felt yourself slightly redden at this. You had never heard him genuinely laugh before.

"I often think about what you told me the night of the battle. When me and Tomioka were sitting on either side of you." He said. "Did you follow my advice?" Your head turned to where he was sitting.

"Kinda. I tried to be true to myself and tried to keep my emotions in control during the time you slept." Sanemi continued.

"So what is it, Shinazugawa? What's bothering you?" Sanemi could fall asleep to the sound of your voice. The way it lulled him into a sense of calmness was something he wanted to hear forever.

"You should call me Sanemi. It would sound better than my last name." He muttered, putting his elbow on the bed and leaning his head into his palm.