Chapter 43 | Hot Springs And Sword Smiths

*second person p.o.v.*

You were breathing heavily as you looked over at Tanjiro and Nezuko hugging Zenitsu and Inosuke close.

They had all passed out from exhaustion. And you were about too as well, but you needed to make sure Uzui and his wives were alright.

Slowly dragging your body and leaving a trail of blood behind, you saw Uzui being supported by all three of his wives. He seemed perfectly fine.

You sighed in relief, clutching your arm in pain. "Doll!" Uzui said with enthusiasm. "You're alright, right?" He asked in concern.

"I'm good." You smiled. "Well of course not. She's bleeding all over! Are you sure you don't need our help?" Makio asked with a small huff of annoyance towards Uzui.

"I'm actually... feeling quite lightheaded..." Hinatsuru could clearly hear you panting and she loosened her grip on Uzui. "You might collapse! Let us help!" Just as Suma said, you were literally going to pass out.

Before you could, Hinatsuru had caught you and Makio held your arm as she supported Uzui. You were more muscular and a bit taller, which made you a lot heavier.

"Take it easy, Doll. You're not in good condition." Uzui stated. "I know." You shot back. You knew you didn't look all that great at the moment.

You were crying blood, and your body was bleeding almost everywhere. You had also been poisoned as well, and had a kunai lodged into your leg from earlier. But it was worth it. You were able to sever Daki's head.

"Here, let me help." Hinatsuru slung your arm around her shoulder and brushed your hair behind your ear.

She felt your forehead for any signs of a fever, and was quite shocked when your skin was burning. "Y-you have a really bad fever!" Hinatsuru exclaimed.

"I'm alright, i promise." You chuckled at everyone's concern and continued to walk as Hinatsuru kept on supporting your weight. "Are you sure?!" Suma asked, seemingly worried.

"A fever is actually good for me. It somehow helps with the hinokami kagura." You explained.

"You shouldn't take your condition lightly! Sure, Lord Tengen has lost a hand and is bleeding out, but he can handle it! Your state seems worse than his! You're bleeding out and you have a high fever! I'm surprised you're still walking!" Makio exclaimed. Hinatsuru had stopped walking so you had to as well.

"Slow down, you shouldn't be in a hurry. You look so tired." Uzui said. Hinatsuru had cupped your face and tilted it to look for any injuries.

"Are you sure you're feeling fine?" She asked. You grinned, almost smirked, and chuckled once again. "I'm alright. I'm just really tired." All three of the wives blushed from seeing your smirk, and Uzui had froze.

Suddenly, your body had suddenly felt weak, so Uzui put a hand on your back and Hinatsuru held onto you tighter so you wouldn't fall. "The kakushi will be here soon. Rest until then, Doll." Uzui ordered.

Trying not to have you crush Hinatsuru, she gently laid your body down and rested your head in her lap. She opened the first few buttons of your uniform and grabbed your mask, setting it beside you.

"Don't be afraid to sleep. We're right here." Makio comforted. "We'll protect you from any harm!" Suma declared. "Suma, there aren't any demons left, you know that, right?" Uzui deadpanned.

"Oh, right!" She smiled and rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "Thank you guys so much. I'll be sure to repay you all." Without another word, your eyes had fluttered shut.