Chapter 41 | Doll Face

*second person p.o.v.*

"That has nothing to do with what you were doing a few minutes back. Explain to me why you tried to harm Aoi and Naho." You demanded.

"I need a woman slayer on my mission. But it seems that you'll do. So why don't you take off your mask and show me-" You cut him off in mid-sentence.

"We'll go in Aoi's stead." You and Tanjiro said simultaneously. You felt Aoi's grip on your shirt loosen, and she sighed out in relief.

From either side of Uzui, Zenitsu and Inosuke appeared. "I was just on my way back, but i got some strength left. I can head out!" Inosuke stated arrogantly.

"D-d-d-d-d-d-don't t-t-touch Y-Y-Y-Y/n or A-A-A-Aoi!" Zenitsu stuttered, sounding like a broken machine (Zenitsu's a Y/n from those cringy fanfics 😟).

Uzui gave Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu intense looks before softening his glare. An uninterested expression replaced his mean and arrogant demeanour.

"Oh okay. Then i'll have you three tag along with me and Mask over there." Your face scrunched up at the nickname, but he couldn't see because you had your mask on.

"But don't you dare defy me, punks! Excluding you, Mask~ you're an exception." You cringed even more at the flirting hashira. Did he not remember you from the last meeting you were at?

Did he not remember how set he was on seeing your veins burst? Which would result in your death? That's right, he was hoping for your execution. So why was the sound hashira flirting with you in such an inappropriate manner?

Truth was, Uzui found your voice to be strong and firm when you first spoke. It held dominance and authority. He was up for a challenge.

As Aoi, Kanao, Kiyo, Sumi, and Naho left back into the butterfly mansion, the rest of you followed after Uzui. "Where're we going, geezer?" Inosuke rudely asked.

You walked behind Uzui, and Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and Inosuke were behind you.

"The most flamboyant place of all Japan, filled with lust and greed. The 'red light district' where the demon lives." The name alone sent a shiver up your spine, an uncomfortable one at that.

Then he ranted on about how he was a god and such, making you sigh. "What exactly do you rule over as a god?" Tanjiro asked.

You face-palmed with a small huff. "Nice question. I have high hopes for you." Uzui replied.

Then he and Inosuke began to argue over who was better and superior, while you and Zenitsu watched it, thinking the exact same thing.

'What a whole bunch of morons.' You sighed. "The wisteria house is on the way to the flower district. We'll get prepared there. Follow me." In a flash the hashira disappeared.

"He's so far away he looks as small as a sesame seed!" Zenitsu exclaimed. "So this is the power of the festivity god!" Inosuke said.

"No, that guy is the hashira Uzui Tengen." Tanjiro corrected. "After him, after him!" Zenitsu pointed ahead, and you all began to run after Uzui.

Once you all got to your destination, Uzui began to explain why and what you all were going to be doing.

"Once we infiltrate the red light district, we first have to look for my wife. I'll be looking around for information on the demon as well." Uzui explained.

"This is unbelievable! Please, just stop joking around! Don't use your subordinates to look for personal brides!" Zenitsu suddenly yelled, making you jump as you reached for your tea.